Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Husband cheated with my sister!
An_248331 posted:
Hi there, just hoping to find someone in similar situation with advice. My husband cheated with my sister a yr ago. Him and I worked through it and are a very happy cpl now. We did seperate for awhile and he realized what he almost lost. My thing is what do I do with my sister. I haven't spoken to her in a yr, she moved away and still writes me from time to time but I'm still so angry with her. She had also stolen from me repeatedly and lied when the truth came out. Just wondering of after a yr should I start to forgive? They'll never be allowed near each other ever again but how do I have a relationship with her after this? Any advice would be great! And no judgements pls!

darlyn05 responded:
Does your sister know that you know? Was there alcohol involved(not that it would be an excuse)? Were you close with your sister prior?

If I was in your situation I don't think I could 'forgive' my sister. I do feel I could 'accept' it as being in the past. So I think I would keep my interactions with my sister on a more superfiscial level until I felt more comfortable and she had regained my trust. I would also limit my frequency of communication with her(remember b-day and holiday cards).

As a starter I would send a letter to her sort of like this:
'Sisters name'
I've received your letters. I hope you are well. I have nothing further to write or say at this time.
Love,
'Your name'

Spotlight: Member Stories

simply put im 41 my wife's 38 we have been married 19 yrs. have three children monica-19, shawn-16, samantha-13, my wife has diabetes, acute bi-po...More

Helpful Tips

Sex Problems Contribute to Relationship Woes
80% of women find it difficult to orgasm during intercourse. 33% of men suffer from premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction problems. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.