Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Frustrated - No Sex
An_249518 posted:
My wife and i have had an up and down relationship. But I am at a spot now where I don't know what to do. I ask very little of my wife. One thing that I have made very clear is that I would very much like to have a sexual relationship with her. She says she's just not into it and doesn't enjoy it at all. So that's a problem and it hurt to hear that. however, i really need that in order to feel connected to her and to satisfy my own desires for her. she is beautiful, i tell her that often. but for whatever reason she is not willing to figure out how to be sexual with me. she does have a vibrator that she uses about 3-4 times a week (that kind of hurts too). so i am left to feel very inadequate, sexually unfulfilled and very distanced from her. how can i change this? what should i do to get her interseted or to at least OK with having sex again?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If your wife isn't willing to meet you half way and have sex occasionally even when she isn't in the mood, there really isn't much you can do.

queston responded:
Have you ever used the vibrator during partnered sex? Perhaps you could ask her to show you how she likes to use it in masturbation?

GuardSquealer responded:
I agree with queston. Try buying a different vibrator just for use with the two of you. Buy something nice and better than what she has, then let her know in a nice way it is for use only when both of you are participating.

An_249530 responded:
Im sorry that you are going threw this, But to me it sounds like your wife may just be unhappy or possibly cheating? I know someone whom was in a similar situation and thats what it ended up being however i really hope that this isn't the case with your situation. Anyways i would just really let your wife know how you feel and let her know that it is hurting your feelings. I am sorry for what you going threw and i hope things get better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I would consider myself a fun person. I get into relationships easy. I have been with my current s/o for 11 1/2 years.

Helpful Tips

my younger wife
my wife is 49 and im 59 years old . i feel low sex drive but she is a hot wife yet. making her satisfied how should i deal with her? More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.