Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Big day tomorrow
nph106 posted:
Well, here goes my first therapist visit. I am pretty nervous, even though I know it will be in my best interest to do this. Just filling out the questionaire was very upsetting! I had a few good days, but the apprehension about tommorrow has sent me into a tailspin. Ugh.

fcl responded:
(((((HUGS)))))

I'm sure you'll feel a lot better afterwards.Therapy hurts because you're opening up wounds to clean them so they can heal. Let us know how thin[a style="COLOR: #006699; CURSOR: pointer" id=exchange-post-enabled_A8 class=template-reply-post onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'couples-coping-support-group','3'); return false;"> gs went, will you?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

darlyn05 responded:
Working through something you wished to never experience is frightening to say the least. We all wish for an instant fix to the issues so we can put it behind us. Remember the good days during the bad ones, it may help lighten the bad ones. I hope your therapist is a good fit/match for you.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you.

fcl replied to fcl's response:
Let's try that again, shall we? No idea what went wrong there...

(((((HUGS)))))

I'm sure you'll feel a lot better afterwards.Therapy hurts because you're opening up wounds to clean them so they can heal. Let us know how things went, will you?

There now, that was MUCH better
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm the mom of two beautiful girls, a 10 year old and a 7 1/2 month old. I'm currently going through a seperation/divorce, so I'm excited ...More

Helpful Tips

Eye contact during sex
Dont make eye contact during sex. You will have less guilt later. Trust me. More
Was this Helpful?
418 of 584 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.