Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
What a day!
nph106 posted:
Oh my gosh, that was one of the most difficult hours of my life. I can see that eventually this gal will be a big help; I do think we will be a good fit. But after talking today, I feel like I got kicked back down the well, when I just started seeing daylight. It surprised me how much I fell back to such an out of control, helpless place. I guess I had to go there to then make forward progress, but holy crap, I look & feel like I got plowed over by a semi-truck or 3! I guess onward and upward is the only direction from here. I went and bought a 6 foot punching bag today , hoping that some aggressive smacking of an inanimate object will release some stress. We'll see. Thanks for the encouraging words.

darlyn05 responded:
So all in all you feel positive concerning your appt and future appts? Where did the idea of the punching bag come from? lol

fcl responded:
You've just completed one of the hardest steps in the healing process. Congratulations! You've taken your life back in hand. I know how awful you must have felt when you came out of there but I bet you're feeling a lot better today. I love the idea of a punching bag - brilliant!

When is your next ordeal appointment?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

nph106 replied to darlyn05's response:
I think so, we will see how things unfold. Last night ended up being another tough night, and that sure sets a person back. Hope I can catch some sleep tonight! I was leaving my appointment the other day, and just really felt the need to soundly slap somebody, anybody!! I had an absolute epiphany, and pulled into a sports store and got my punching bag. I love it. My boss kept telling me I needed retail therapy, meaning some bling, but I like my idea better!

nph106 replied to fcl's response:
Thanks for the kind words-my next appointment is on Wednesday. Ugh. My husband had a somewhat rough session with his therapist the same time I was with mine (my God I cannot believe I am saying that, admitting we are both in therapy. How did we get here???) and so we had a rough evening, but I did get some sleep. Last night I hit the slippery slope of emotions, so no sleep again. This stinks, but onward and upward.

fcl replied to nph106's response:
"How did we get here???"

Because you were smart enough to realize that this was the best way to deal with your situation.

If the word "therapy" makes you uncomfortable, why not change it to "counselling"?

All I can add is that the pain that comes with the sessions will not always be this intense. Keep up the good work.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

nph106 replied to fcl's response:
Thank you, and I do like counselling better. It doesn't sound as clinical, does it?? I look forward to saying you were right, the pain lessened alot. I just need to be realistic about the time it will take to get to that point, I guess. Take care.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am not komfortable puting a pikture up yet. I like LARPing, conventions, and my frend likes these things too. I met him at a festival. I was just a...More

Helpful Tips

Eye contact during sex
Dont make eye contact during sex. You will have less guilt later. Trust me. More
Was this Helpful?
418 of 584 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.