Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
When to re-initiate physical contact with a cheating spouse?
sakihiggy posted:
I recently discovered my husband of three years was having an affair. We have spoken and are actively working things out. My question is: When is it right to seek comfort in the arms of the spouse who betrayed your trust when you are not nearly at the stage of initiating sexual contact? I ask because I feel alone and I have always gone straight to him for support. I do not want to confuse our rebuilding efforts by having him think I am farther along the route of forgiveness route than I actually am. Please help.

queston responded:
How about just being very honest? Hug and say "I wish I felt as safe and comforted in your arms as I used to. I hope that I will again some day."

Honestly, that's the main reason I started posting here some years ago--I was having some marital issues and didn't really have any confidant IRL other than my wife that I could discuss it with.

darlyn05 responded:
I agree with queston. Rebuilding after an affair involves honesty and transparency from both individuals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 21 year old young lady in college, I am in a monogamous relationship with a great guy who I only want to strangle some times! LOL We don't ...More

Helpful Tips

How to change my story
I went to my community profile and it would let me edit my picture and signature but would not let me change my story. I had just realized ... More
Was this Helpful?
135 of 144 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.