Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
When to re-initiate physical contact with a cheating spouse?
sakihiggy posted:
I recently discovered my husband of three years was having an affair. We have spoken and are actively working things out. My question is: When is it right to seek comfort in the arms of the spouse who betrayed your trust when you are not nearly at the stage of initiating sexual contact? I ask because I feel alone and I have always gone straight to him for support. I do not want to confuse our rebuilding efforts by having him think I am farther along the route of forgiveness route than I actually am. Please help.

queston responded:
How about just being very honest? Hug and say "I wish I felt as safe and comforted in your arms as I used to. I hope that I will again some day."

Honestly, that's the main reason I started posting here some years ago--I was having some marital issues and didn't really have any confidant IRL other than my wife that I could discuss it with.

darlyn05 responded:
I agree with queston. Rebuilding after an affair involves honesty and transparency from both individuals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am not komfortable puting a pikture up yet. I like LARPing, conventions, and my frend likes these things too. I met him at a festival. I was just a...More

Helpful Tips

my younger wife
my wife is 49 and im 59 years old . i feel low sex drive but she is a hot wife yet. making her satisfied how should i deal with her? More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.