Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
reply to queston's response
Jade2012 posted:
Thank you for your response.....that makes sense. I am not sure that half of those resources would be mine because I don't think my name is on some of them. However, when it comes to legal stuff, I have no idea what I am talking about.....and he is a very smart business man.

queston responded:
That's why you consult an attorney. Most states in the US have fairly comprehensive community-property laws: meaning that whatever is owned by one spouse is owned by both spouses in the eyes of the law, regardless of whose name the account or item is in.

Look, I'm not saying that you should just go straight for divorce. But you should use the leverage you have to improve your marriage. From what you've said, your husband doesn't seem like the kind of person who would just agree to go to counseling, make changes, share power, etc. And you have to start by knowing what your options are.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Majoring in dietetics. I love learning anything about health and medicine, human physiology, and nutrition. I'm a strong believer in preventive me...More

Helpful Tips

Get on with your life.
Once they cheat, believe me they will always cheat, they don't know the real meaning of true love & devotion. If it bothered him in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.