Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Found out husband cheat
13sam13sam posted:
I just gave birth to my second son, he is three weeks old. My first son is two. When I was two months pregnant I found out he was sexting a women for a year and a half. I don't know what to do. I am totally lost and heart broken. All I ever wanted was for my kids to have a family

darlyn05 responded:
What occured, happened, when you found out about the sexting when you were 2 mos pregnant? Do you consider the sexting as cheating( I ask because it varies from person to person as what their beliefs are)? How old are the two of you, and how long have you been married, together? Are you currently seperated? Where is your husband now?

More questions than answers or supoort. Sorry about that. More information would be helpful. As painful as this is for you, I'm certain you are experiencing many emotions. Recognizing those will be beneficial for you. With the limited information given I can only suggest a form of counseling for yourself.

13sam13sam replied to darlyn05's response:
We have been together for 13 years married for 5. We r both 34. He found this woman on the ashley maddison website. The talked and Skype for a year and a half. She sent him a sexy outfit in the mail for one day they would hopefully meet. When I found out I was so upset. I confronted him. He eventually told me everything and that he never met anyone it was just pictures and online chatting. I found out cause the women he was speaking with looked me up in phone book and called me. He is still living here. I didn't want to make any decisions while I was pregnant due to all the hormones. I didn't want to make the wrong choice.

darlyn05 replied to 13sam13sam's response:
Sorry for not getting back to the discussion sooner. I how do you feel now about the incident after having your son? Take into consideration that hormones are still flowing now. How have things been for the two of you since learning about this?

13sam13sam replied to darlyn05's response:
I think after having my son I feel stronger about what happened. Things are not good between us. I feel like he is not telling me what really happened. He told me he never met anyone from that site it was all sexting. I also find it really hard because he is a pilot and is gone for two to three night at a time. How do I trust someone who is never around. He says he will do anything to make it work but part of me just thinks he is ashamed of what he did and doesn't want to separate because people will find out. I feel sorry for my boys having me so upset all the time. I don't know if I should ask him to leave, divorce or just stay living together and forget about what happened.

tlkittycat1968 replied to 13sam13sam's response:
One work: Couples Therapy. In therapy, you can find out if your husband is serious about fixing thing between you or if he is just blowing smoke.
Happily married to DH since 2003. Two kids: Paul (5) and Kylee (3).

13sam13sam replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
He said he would go to couples therapy. I am just trying to find one that doesn't cost 250 a session.

fcl replied to 13sam13sam's response:
There are some who operate on a sliding scale for payment depending on your income. Have you checked to see whether your insurance will cover it? Some do.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

13sam13sam replied to fcl's response:
Thanks. I will look into both options

koncerned replied to 13sam13sam's response:
this is good news

An_254864 responded:
I agree with going to a marriage counselor. That worked for us. A good counselor will insist that he break off any other relationships if he wants to continue the marriage counseling.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 36 years old and live in the usa. I am married and have two children. I have had my ovaries removed due to pre-cancer cells being found and they ...More

Helpful Tips

Get on with your life.
Once they cheat, believe me they will always cheat, they don't know the real meaning of true love & devotion. If it bothered him in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.