Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
I lost my sex drive!
An_257835 posted:
Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 2 years.
Before we even met, I was a nympho - I was craving for sex ever single day. And this continued until a few months back I just lost the appetite for sex. I don't get horny. Sometimes sex seems boring, even annoying.

I just don't understand what has happened...
We used to have sex every day, even several times per day. Then he started working and sometimes was too tired to have sex. I was very frustrated, but as time passed on, I just... don't know. I got used to it?
We also don't live together any more (I couldn't cope with his parents) and this killed the mood even more.

How do I get my sex drive back? Please help me, because it's ruining my relationship...

Anon_475 replied to jamieseadorf's response:
Hoping to hook someone? This is the third board I've seen you on today.

rohvannyn responded:
Loss of sex drive often accompanies relationship troubles. It can also be a result of depression. And it can happen when you have a lot of stress or health issues. You can definitely get used to no sex, and it can be difficult at times to get used to it again, especially because you might have a subconscious desire not to feel that lack if you hit another dry spell.

Paying attention to your physical health as well as the health of your relationship, will help a lot. If you are having trouble being mentally connected to your partner then you will have trouble feeling relaxed enough to be intimate. Finally, sometimes you just need something new and interesting to help your sex drive return. A racy series of novels, a little experimentation, a few hot texts, can do wonders.

morticiaquinn replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you so much!
I am quite sure now that it is due to the stress. I had a few "vacation days" and I feel much better now.

rohvannyn replied to morticiaquinn's response:
It's amazing how much stress can affect you, isn't it? It can do so much more than we expect. Glad you are feeling better!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Yes, the sidewalk can be curvy but in the sun's rays it is straight. I once had a severe problem but when the truth was uncovered everything was r...More

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 300 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.