Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Nudism
An_229570 posted:
I would like to find a female who is interested in the nudist lifestyle, not a sx lifestyle, but someone who just enjoys living as a nudist.

realbiglu responded:
I went to a nudditst camp once and was very, very disapointed. In my head I was screaming pleeeeaaaase put your clothes on. I guess if you are good looking you dont need to take off your clothes to get someone.

IslandL responded:
I suppose you could google nudist/clothing optional resorts and see what's out there as a venue to meet like-minded people. You could put an ad on Craig's list and see if anyone responds.

realbiglu responded:
Is that a seasonal hobbie?

sallyfirst replied to realbiglu's response:
It is more of a regional thing.

fcl replied to realbiglu's response:
That's the whole point in naturism (they don't call it nudism here any more). It's not about strutting your stuff. It's about being natural in a natural, non-judgemental setting. It doesn't matter what you look like - people don't go to naturist beaches here to pick people up (heck, that's what bars and nightclubs are for - LOL), they go there to get back to nature. And it 's a family setting in about 99% of places.

realbiglu replied to fcl's response:
I must have been to that 1% over and over.

stephs_3_kidz replied to fcl's response:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "family setting" thing. I can't imagine living that kind of lifestyle, but to each their own. It's just all so...strange...to me.

I think my kids would have a REAL problem with me taking them around a bunch of naked people. LOL They'd definitely be more than a little confused and grossed out by the whole thing.

wwilson89 replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
When we were younger and lived in Korea, my mom would take us to the public bathhouses. I guess that's why nudity is no big deal to me. I often walk around the house in either nothing or just underwear and DB usually just wears his boxers around.

IslandL responded:
Do any of you remember the "Seinfeld" episode where Jerry has a girlfriend who likes to be nude while visiting him in his apartment? And what her reaction was when he he stopped wearing clothes as well?

"There's good naked and there's bad naked." LOL.

fcl replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
It's a lifestyle choice. If they had grown up feeling that naked was fine they wouldn't have a problem with it at all. It's not the kind of thing where you can just "jump in".

There are naturist beaches and holiday camps (with shops, restaurants, sports grounds, etc.) here and they're among the most peaceful places you can imagine.

fcl replied to realbiglu's response:
Really? I thought you said you went "once"...

stephs_3_kidz replied to fcl's response:
You're right, it wouldn't be something somebody could just wake up one day and decide to do. It would HAVE to be a complete lifestyle choice.

I am probably not as modest as some, but I don't even like to wear a bathing suit in public so there is NO WAY I could even consider wearing my birthday suit in front of strangers.

IslandL replied to stephs_3_kidz's response:
I get chilled when I don't have clothes on. Plus, I think it would get annoying to have to run and grab something to put on every time somebody came to the door - like when you have just gotten out of the shower and the doorbell rings. Imagine that happening over and over throughout the day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a personal strategist specializing in solving sexual and emotional issues including premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and the inability...More

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 300 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.