Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
How to Recover from a Threesome with my Husband
An_229578 posted:
So my husband and I decided to act out one of our fantasies recently and yes, it was both mine and his fantasy. Now I am having a tough time getting over it.
We had a threesome with another woman (someone neither of us knew) and I can't get it out of my head now. I am constantly thinking about it and good ways and bad ways. I think it is also causing self esteem issues. I am also always concerned that my husband is thinking of that other woman and if she performed better than me, etc.
Please help! I need some suggestions on how I can move past this. It has in fact spiced up our sex life, which we in really needed, but I also think it had a negative impact on my self esteem. Part of me feels ashamed about it.
I have tried to talk to my husband about these feelings I have and he reassures me that he loves me and not to worry about it. He tells me nicely to just get over it.
I know that we will never do it again and my husband has moved on from it but now I need to feel okay about it too.
Thoughts?

IslandL responded:
Hi.

This board is very slow on the weekends. While you're waiting for responses here, you might try posting this on Webmd's Sex & Relationship Exchange. Bonus there is they have 2 or 3 professional counselors who might be able to help you with this.

An_229579 replied to IslandL's response:
Thanks IslandL. Just visted the Sex & Relationship Exchange and made my post. Much better place to post my discussion. Thanks again!

j5dc2 responded:
Perhaps I am naive about these types of issues and since I have never done somehting like this nor I have the desire to do it because I am a happy married man to the most wonderful women in the world I can only imagine.

I would think you never recover, you deal with it.

realbiglu replied to j5dc2's response:
SNL did a commercial on a pill to take after a threesome. You can find it on hulu.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to DH since 2003. Four step-children, three step-grandsons & 1 step-granddaughter. Have a son and daughter with DH. Owned by two cats. I...More

Helpful Tips

Sex Problems Contribute to Relationship Woes
80% of women find it difficult to orgasm during intercourse. 33% of men suffer from premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction problems. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.