Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
Sweetest thing
sallyfirst posted:
What is the sweetest thing your man has ever done for you?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

TheDeepBlue responded:
Sorry.. I can't choose just one!

He has been my knight in shining armour many times, especially when some crisis hit like when the truck I used to have would break down. He'd drop everything and pick me up, have my truck towed and repaired.

When I'm upset to the point of crying, he stops everything to listen and help.

He has brought roses to my work place just to cheer me up.

And its a simple thing.. but sometimes he will just take my hand and kiss the back of it. Its the sweetest gesture.

3point14 responded:
there's a phrase he whispers to me nightly. it's the kindest thing.

Schmaylan replied to 3point14's response:
My ex boyfriend was a prince.. We had a random discussion one day about those gold star stickers you get like in the 1st grade and how I had never gotten one, to which he replied but you deserve one! lol So from then on he would place those lil stickers everywhere! He would love to get clever so I would find them at random times, like he put them one on a rose, on the back of my credit card, pages in my school books, the glove box (lol you get the idea) Now everytime I see them I think of him with a smile...

BabyLovesPrada responded:
The first of many sweetest things.....We had been dating for about 2 months and had a HORRENDUS visit from my monthly friend and it was BAD, excruciating cramps the whole deal, I called Marc and told him I had to cancel our plans for that night and I was bummed, but told him to go ahead and I would call him the next day.

So I came home from work to find him sitting on my front steps waiting for me with a dozen roses and a pint of ben and jerry's Cherry Garcia, he stayed in with me and did not let me lift a finger and rubbed my back, I knew right then and there he was a keeper and he has given me a million more reasons since then to think the same thing.

TheDeepBlue replied to BabyLovesPrada's response:
Awwww....that is incredibly sweet!!!!

BabyLovesPrada replied to TheDeepBlue's response:
I know, I don't get flowers for valentines, I get them because I have a bad day, or just to tell me how awesome (lol) I am, or just because.....personally, I prefer it that way!

Schmaylan replied to BabyLovesPrada's response:
OH i love jus because flowers!!

realbiglu replied to TheDeepBlue's response:
Listening...hmmm...I will have to try that.

BabyLovesPrada replied to realbiglu's response:
Seriously Lu, give a girl flowers no reason>? and she will swoon

ImMe26 responded:
I will have to say one of the sweetest things my SO ever did , really wasnt even for me....

Just this past April it was my very pregnant sister's bday. She was turning 25yrs old and is having her very first baby. Well needless to say her (clears throat and rolls eyes) MAN (and I say that ever so lightly) didnt do anything for her. I mean not so much as to even be nice to her. Actually that every day he got in to a huge fight with my dad..she cried the whole nine,just a rotten day,poor sis..ANYWAYS..We are all sitting in the livingroom and I notice ,hey my baby is gone....I almost started to get angry cause we never leave without a kiss and an I LOVE YOU..(you never know what can happen)....When in he walks with a huge bag from kids footlocker and a bag from Babies R Us. He walks over gives her the biggest hug and gives her those two bags...IT was her daughters first outfit and her first pair of the cutest,tiny little sandals...He said " I love you sis"...she busted out crying! She was so moved, here she sits on her day with a rotten SO (you have no idea) and literally nothing for her lil girl and he comes in with that, it was totally unexpected and sweet!

He is amazing the way he cares for other people and how compassionate he is....got to be one of the best qualities he has!

realbiglu replied to BabyLovesPrada's response:
I like that idea it is whole lot cheaper.

Spankyrae responded:
Aw, such warm stories! I love hearing about the positive things of humanity. My BF will do little things for me, or bigger things, like surprising me with tickets to a concert.

We recently had a conversation about something he thinks he needs to do to step up his game with his business. He explained there may be times he'll be preoccupied with it, so he wanted to give me a heads up I guess. Long ago I decided I was ok with him being so driven with his career; it ensures I have me-time, space, and time for my art.

I told him I understood and as long as he didn't become a workaholic & we still got to see each other, all was good. He said that I was a priority to him and the only person he had to be with. For him to say that & express the commitment, may not have been romantic but made me feel good about how far we've come & how his heart has opened.

Foreverinyoureyes2 responded:
For me it isn't the action that I find sweet, it is the intent.

My husband does all of the sweet things that build romance. Flowers for no reason, impromtu foot rubs, unexpected dates, etc...

What is so sweet about everything that he does is that he does it with such a giving spirit, and is so pleased when his actions make me smile, laugh, cry..whatever...

He had a surprise 40th birthday party for me last year, and I was SO touched that he'd gone to so much trouble to make it a perfect, special night. But what made it so perfect was that he was sincerely and genuinely moved to tears by MY appreciation.

He spoils me to an embarassing degree, and he always says that it is a pleasure to do nice things for me, and to make sure I am well taken care of because I make it so worth it. And I know exactly where he is coming from because I feel the same way. Even making his favorite dessert on Sunday or whatever is so rewarding because you can tell that he just appreciates the gesture so much.

So to make a short story long....everything he does is the sweetest thing he's ever done!

Ilovecookie replied to BabyLovesPrada's response:
Wow how freakin awesome thats so very sweet hes so a keeper.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I could right a bio about myself but trust me it would be boring lol. "I would rather be a first rate version of myself rather than a second r...More

Helpful Tips

How to change my story
I went to my community profile and it would let me edit my picture and signature but would not let me change my story. I had just realized ... More
Was this Helpful?
135 of 144 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.