Skip to content

Announcements

This Exchange simulates the original Couples Coping Support Group. It is designed to help persons with concerns in their relationships, family, marriage, seperation, divorce, etc.Offering a wide range of real world, personal experiences, information, knowledge, suggestions, & views from real people.
I Will Kill You
Contemplating19 posted:
Today there was another tragedy in my area.

A lady was very upset/jealous that her ex-bf (father of her child) had left her for another woman. So, she (and a friend) drove to the woman's apartment and stabbed her repeatedly... the word around town is that she was 26 times. I'm not sure how many times she was stabbed, but she is still in critical condition as of right now. And from what I just saw on the news, it's a great possibility she won't make it to the morning.

This happened around 10-11 a.m. The story is here if you wanna take a look.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/sep/09/walls-elementary-lockdown-police-probe-crime/

This actually got me to thinking. When I was in high school it was common for girls/boys to fight each other over whoever they were dating. However, they would fight, then be best friends in 2 weeks... they got over it.

My question is, have you ever been to that point in your life where you wanted to take someone else's life over someone you were dating/married to?

I'm going to be honest, there have been two times in my life where I literally wanted to take someone's life. But, in both cases it was never over someone I was dating (not saying that makes it any better). In my cases both were men who I found out sexually abused a child. I know the hatred that was going through me, and how I literally put myself in a position where I wouldn't come into contact with those people... that way I stayed out of prison.

I can only think that my emotions had to have been running through this woman who stabbed this other lady. But, I wonder... how can you have that much hatred for someone simply because they're in a romantic relationship with someone you want?

Now that this has happened I know for a fact that her child is going to be without a mother (she's going to prison for sure). And if the other lady dies... well she's leaving behind two children.

Another thing... anyone read the "comments" in that article? It's funny how a woman is laying in a hospital with the great possibility of dieing and people are complaining about their children being locked down in school (the school is less than half a mile from the complex... you could drive there in less than a min)
Daughters, lock up your mothers!  I'm single again!

IslandL responded:
No I've never felt that way personally. From observation though? Humans seem to be the most territorial species on the planet. BAR NONE.

Spankyrae responded:
I believe in those instances where the person is jealous, there's a lot more to things than just that, such as a mental condition. I don't even understand how people feel upset enough to throw crap when they're mad or hit things. HItting a pillow when mad always felt unnatural to me. So it's hard for me to equate wanting to take someone's life. And it's a life! How could someone feel ok doing that? I'd be traumatized by accidentally killing someone. I just don't get it.

alaska_mommy responded:
I don't get it either. I've never truly wanted to kill anyone, although I've thought ugly thoughts about people (including myself) before.
Sometimes the comments on articles like that are horrific. There was an article in our local paper where two state troopers both got killed on duty, and each of them had family members present who saw them get shot. One had his wife and kids there, he was off-duty, and the other had his mother with him. Some of the commenters were saying how sorry they felt for the perpetrator. Excuse me??? This guy just blew away two cops in front of their families, and you want to feel sorry for him?? I couldn't believe it. Some others were joking about how that only leaves 2 troopers available for that city, how funny that was. People make me sick! Have a heart!
How awful for the woman who got stabbed...little did she know her life was in danger just by dating this guy. So sad!

alaska_mommy responded:
PS I can totally understand your feelings about the guys who sexually abused kids...people like that need to go straight to the chair.

lioness_10 responded:
dont get it as well...why people get angry so quickly...there is a huge difference between irrational thinking and acting irrational....i have never punched someone let alone think about killing someone...
~MaMaBeAr~

Schmaylan replied to lioness_10's response:
Thats soo tragic.... It breaks my heart for her family.. All over some DB guy...

I have never been that angry or jealous. Im not the obsessive type in the least.

Im a really chill person not very prone to anger. The only time I have been seeing red, run someone over with my car angry is when I found out this guy date raped my little sister. God if he would have been in front of me when I found out............. Im getting angry even thinking about it now......
Dont you give me your heart I cant be trusted with my own...

alaska_mommy replied to Schmaylan's response:
Whoa that would be a horrible thing to find out. If I found out something like that about my big sister (I'm the youngest) I would be ready with my car too. I think though that that protective feeling big sisters have would make you even more angry. My big sis was my biggest boss but also my biggest defender. She took good care of me growing up.

Schmaylan replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Oh it was... It still riles me up.. stupid b*stard..

I dont really get upset or angry when people hurt me, its not worth getting upset about. But Im incredibly protective over my family, my blood was literally boiling.

Its bad enough when like these girls would threaten to beat up my sisters growing up, I cant tell you the number of times I had to cuss out and put the fear of God into little b*tches but this was on a whole different level.

alaska_mommy replied to Schmaylan's response:
You're a good sis!

Schmaylan replied to alaska_mommy's response:
I would like to think so.. I just dont like people disrespecting my family...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mamihlapinatapai is a Yaghan word that means "a look between two people that suggests an unspoken, shared desire."

Helpful Tips

Books for relationships/love
I know we've probably shared this in the past, but I thought it would be nice for the new exchange. These are books I've found to be ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 300 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.