Skip to content
UC and Pyoderma gangrenosum
An_258825 posted:
Hello fellow UC victims,
has anyone experienced these crazy skin ulcers that start out looking like bug bites? I'm taking Humira with much success for over a year but these pesky things are a little nerving and ugly as sin. They are only on my arms and legs but they look bad and I can't stop messing with them. Anything work or not work? I keep reading about Prednisone and other corticosteroids that work but I don't want anymore prednisone in my system.

Thanks for the feedback.

jbicaci responded:
I have round red spot showing up on my legs that look exactly like cancer. After many tests I was told was from IBD. I have Crohn's and UC and reading about it causes the problem. There is a name to this spots if they are the same as yours I dont know. I am taking liver supplement pills and they seem to slow down. I think the cause must be the liver. Most doctors don't seem to understand the liver with free radicals, toxins, and fat. I was told by my skin doctor cortisone shuts will help but cortisome is very bad for the eyes. I learned that a clean liver heals most problems in 1960 and applying that information is keeping me healthy. To educate doctors with this information has been my nightmare.

teachyou2 replied to jbicaci's response:
Hello,
and thank you for responding. Wow - that is scary - liver problems.

Would you mind sharing what you are taking and how much? I want to talk to my dermatologist about it and do some research myself too.

Thank you again for the information.

Spotlight: Member Stories

After 12 years of Ulcerative Colitis for which doctors gave me no other option than surgery, I cured myself of Ulcerative Colitis using self administe...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.