Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Approved!
hannahleigh89 posted:
I got my letter today. I got approved for disability. It says I've been disabled since November of 2006. Hello backpay! It doesn't say how much I'll be getting yet but I'm supposed to hear in two weeks or so. Just thought I'd let you guys know as soon as I heard.

kaj2313 responded:
Good for you Hannah!!!!

jodi2125 replied to kaj2313's response:
Yay! finally something good for you.

jodi

mindyj1971 responded:
I'm sooooo happy for you, Hannah! Oh, what a relief that will be for you!

Way to go, girlie!
Hugs-Mindy

LATH_Aches responded:
YIPPPEEE!!!!

I'm glad it worked out.

rednewbie responded:
Thats awesome Hannah! Congrats!! I have yet to hear, but I am suppose to have a hearing by the end of the year.. Yay! I have only been trying to get SS since late 2007.. Hannah, may I ask was it just for crohns? Congrats hon..
Hugs,
Gin

kathoust responded:
Congrats Hannah!! I'm so happy for you! I've been going back and forth for 3 yrs now, denial after denial, so I had to reapply, killing my chances of back pay I am going for some tests from their docs next week and now since I was hospitalized 2 wks ago from a flare, they have to get those records and then they will make a decision. Pray for me please everyone, I need it, it's been a long drawn out process..
Kathy

hannahleigh89 replied to rednewbie's response:
The judge listed everything I had been diagnosed with at that point, which included: Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, IBS, and pancreatitis, lol.

The hearing makes a huge difference because you actually get to talk face to face with someone and tell how it affects you. I hope you get it soon, Gin.

rednewbie replied to hannahleigh89's response:
I was told by my lawyer, that some judges do not let the client (or the person trying to get the SS) speak at all. ! .. It all depends on the judge. Sometimes they want to hear from the lawyer only, the client only or the judge just wants to speak. Ugh. I hate having my life decided by someone who has not spend a day in my shoes. I guess either way I should have an answer in the next 6 months, and the stress will be over one way or another.

Congrats Hannah! Hugs honey!
Gin

hannahleigh89 replied to rednewbie's response:
I think it's extremely important that the judge listen to it first hand... I don't think it's fair at all that some judges won't let you speak. But I guess if that were the case, just tell your lawyer exactly what's going on and have them speak for you. But lawyers aren't known for being compassionate... So I don't know. Hopefully you don't have to deal with that.

lindsay827 replied to rednewbie's response:
Gin - you said it right when you say that someone that has not walked in your shoes gets to determine your fate! I am just compiling my medical records in order to start the filing process - not looking forward to it as I know that it will be a long process! I wish you luck with your case!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was told I have crohns in 2003 at the age of 33. I believe I have had it longer than that I just didn't know what it was. I had never heard of i...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.