Skip to content
symbol?
kaj2313 posted:
Does anyone know if there is a symbol for crohn's. Like the pink ribbon for breast cancer. Just wondering can't find anything on-line.

Kell12 responded:
There is a ribbon but I cant remember what color.. I want to say green but im not sure.. google it.. im sure it will come up!

kaj2313 replied to Kell12's response:
I think I found it. It's purple? Does anyone know for sure?

Kell12 replied to kaj2313's response:
I can check later and let you know.. I saw it on Facebook for one of my CCFA groups but Im at work and cant get on fb right now.. lol

mindyj1971 replied to kaj2313's response:
I never even thought about having our very own "ribbon"! I just may have to google it myself and check it out. I'm sure that there are all kinds of merchandise that you could purchase to benefit The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America and other groups supporting us! You guys are brilliant! Why shouldn't we have a ribbon? It just never dawned on me! I'll let you know if I find anything out:)

Have a good weekend!
Mindy

mindyj1971 replied to kaj2313's response:
I just googled it...According to the Awareness/Cause Ribbon Chart:

"Purple Ribbon-This color is a symbol of pancreatic cancer, domestic violence, religious tolerance, animal abuse, the victims of 9/11 including the police and firefighters, Crohn's disease and colitis, cystic fibrosis, lupus, and fibromyalgia."

Take care-
Mindy

barbarafromtucson replied to mindyj1971's response:
I would have thought it was "brown"
When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile!!!

kaj2313 replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
You made me smile after a very long day!! Thank You!!!!

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
I have thought that brown would be a better color too.

ravenjen replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
So true! Yes, it is definitely purple. I have looked for awareness ribbons and have found some helpful resources. I suggest doing a google search, and even ebay. I found some really pretty sterling silver jewelry that I love.

butteerfly1999 responded:
hey sorry so late, the symbol and color of ribbon depends on what country u r from. he us is a sort of purple. hope that helps..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello My name is Kristin Im 36 yrs old with 3 beautiful sons and was dignosed with Crohns Disease at 23 but suffered most all my life not knowing ...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.