Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hannah
rednewbie posted:
I got an email from Hannah this morning, and it seems she is well from her surgery on Wednesday. Her bowels woke up yesterday so she had had clear liquids. Poor honey has an pain in the tush roommate who is always talking loudly on her phone! Keeping her awake, even at night. And because she has a roommate Hannah's Mom can't stay overnight with her. I am sure the nights are very long for Hannah. Wishing she could duct tape her roommate mouth or wheel the roommate down to a supply closet!

Hannah, asked me to update everyone... She is doing as well as expected and doesn't have her laptop.
I will keep you all updated.
Hugs,
gin

mindyj1971 responded:
Thanks so much for the update! I've been thinking of that girl non-stop! Oh, I had a roommate like that after my first resection! Didn't sleep for 2 days! It was awful! I hope she gets some rest soon! It's probably killing her mom to not be able to stay with her!

If you get a chance to get back with her, let her know that we are all praying for her!

Mindy

hannahleigh89 replied to mindyj1971's response:
I'm sort of here now. I'm on my cousin's laptop because mine isn't going to be in until Monday. I'm not doing very well, but I'm okay. They took my pain pump away this morning without warning and wanted me to try low residue foods... They want to send me home in the morning even though my surgery wasn't until 1:30 on Thursday. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm in a lot of pain but I guess that's to be expected. I also haven't had my antidepressant in days, so I'm having a really hard time with that too. Either way, I guess maybe I'll be at home tomorrow. I think it'd be easier to recover at home in some ways, but in others... I don't want my whole family feeling like they need to come look at me or any of that crap. I can't even imagine Nathan seeing me like this... I'm real torn up. I'm bruised and swollen in just about every place possible. Oh well, I guess. I'll get through it or I won't.

I know this isn't a very encouraging post, but I'm fine. Or I will be anyway.

mindyj1971 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
So good to see you on here, Hannah! I know how rough this is on you:( I wish there was something that I could do to make it better. Sorry that you had a sucky roommate and could not get the rest that you needed. You will feel much better at home in your own bed. But, don't be afraid to tell them if you don't think that you are ready. If your pain is outta control, let them know that you might need one more day there. Let your family take care of you....at least for a couple of days, ok?

Thinking of you....if you can think of anything that I can do to help, please let me know.

Gently hugs for your bruised body:)

Mindy

arbob2 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Hannah, Honey, you will be feeling much better very soon. We're all on your side and praying for you. Positive thinking, remember that. I know it's hard when you're in pain and the "jolt" from the surgery and all, but just remember that you WILL BE feeling much better very soon.

We love you..hang in there and God bless!

rednewbie replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Hannah,
Honey, I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Surgery takes so much out of you, physically and mentally. And then for you not to have your antidepressants for days is like torture on top on that. Hugs honey.

Try to be very nice to yourself for the next few weeks. Expect to feel like a semi truck hit you, and allow yourself to cry. Being strong only goes so far until you fall apart and then feel more awful for doing so.

Hang in there honey. We love you and are here for you for anything you need.
Hugs,
Gin

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brandi, I am a 26 year old mother of 2. I have a daughter who is 7 named Kylie and son who is 2 named Zeke. I first started experiencing ...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.