To Gin and all,
shy14 posted:
This is SHY.14, I had my ct scan of my abdomen done last Friday and had my colonoscopy on Tuesday. My doctor was very informative. My crohns is now in my large colon- I have many ulcers in the colon.. The doctor show me the pictures, she took several biopsies. I have to see her in 3 weeks. she put me on a new med-- Pentasa 500mg- 2 capsules== four times a day. thats 4,000mg a day--- to me that seems alot per day. I hope this works. Has any one else had this problem? SHY 14

hannahleigh89 responded:
I was also taking a huge amount of Pentasa. With a lot of those drugs, they sometimes start you out at a high dose to get you under control and then slowly lower it down to a smaller dose, depending on how well you maintain your condition as you lower it. Don't be alarmed by the large dosage; your doctor seems to know what she's doing.

mindyj1971 responded:
Hi shy14! I've been on 4000 mg of Pentasa since the day I was diagnosed...September 11, 2008. They have never adjusted it and they have added Remicade infusions to it. I am also currently taking a steroid. Hopefully, you will be able to go down to a smaller dose, but just wanted you to know that I have been on the same dose for almost 2 years now.

Hang in there.
Mindy

rednewbie replied to mindyj1971's response:
Shy,
I have been taking the same dosage of Pentasa that you are for 3 years now. It does seem like a lot, but its a standard dosage. I will tell you when you go to the bathroom you may see little white beads, do not freat that is completely normal. That is the Pentasa and its fine.

I pray it works for you.
Hugs,
Gin