Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Normal Labs?
westtexasmomma posted:
I know for the last 2yrs everytime i get my lab work done like inflammation levels they are always normal. Even thou the small bowel series shows inflammation an lots of it. Does anyone else have that issue? My doctor always tells me my labs are normal as usual will just treat your systoms.....

Shelesmit73 responded:
My labs have also been coming back normal. I'm still having all the same symptoms though. It doesn't really make sense to me. I never eat and don't take vitamins or anything. My doc just keeps ordering more and more tests and increasing my medications since my symptoms are all that of a flare up. my colon and large intestines show severe levels of inflammation in colonoscopy. I just had a pill camera test so still waiting on those results.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have the same issue--my last GI doctor said it was because of the medication combo--that they needed to take that into account when interpreting the labs. (artificially low because the meds systemically suppress the inflammation but not necessarily where they need it)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have ulcerative colitis. In 2008 I was in the hospital three times for bleeding.IN 2009 I was in the hospital two times for bleeding.In 2010 I was i...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.