Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what pain level for ambulance
amanda2581 posted:
I was in so much pain last night I was screaming for a ambulance but husband kept telling me deep breaths should he have called 911? slipper

miserable_sob responded:
Your husband shouldn't be making that decision for you. He has no clue what you're going through. The other weekend I was in so much pain due to dehydration and blockage, I got a ride to the hospital. Although now that it's over I would have been better off taking the ambulance, since the intravenous is what ended my misery. If I would have called an ambulance I know from past experience they would have started it right there in the ambulance. They didn't do that though right when I got to the emergency room though, which meant my pain was extended for no good reason.

rednewbie responded:
Amanda,
What was your husbands reason for not calling an ambulance? Did he at least take you to an ER? Under no condition should he be making the medical decision, pain is my telling sign when I have intestinal blockages and if they are left untreated they can become very serious. Only the ER or a doctor can determine if I need surgery or the treatment. My husband and I never mess around with the pain, I know what I can tolerate and when the pain is too much or different we go to the ER if it makes me pass out or throw up we call the squad... No deep breaths are in the decision.
Hugs,
Gin

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2006 after struggling for a couple of years to get a diagnosis. I've tried many, many m...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.