Skip to content
My last day
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
This starts my last day at WebMD.

I do promise to get a regular member name and stop in from time to time. It won't be Louise--they retire mod names like beloved sports players or something.

The thing that I want to remind you as I head off to a new adventure--YOU are the community, the heart and soul of the community. You each lead every time you post. You welcome, you show empathy, you share views, you share your lives, and those actions make this community truly wonderful.

You know these terrible conditions better than anyone else. We all have GI doctors, but no matter how good the GI, you are better set to relate with the reality of IBD.

You know the frustrations: with your bodies, with the limitations, with the meds, the diets, the supplements, the manufacturers of toilet paper and the ins and outs of every style of public restroom.

If you are anything like me, you know the pattern of your bathroom floor and the odd places in the grout in your bathroom. Those things mean the world to the other members and to new members.

Be good to one another. Welcome the new members. Be gentle with the overwhelmed.

I flurry about driving the other mods nuts with last minute do and don'ts...like a first time mom leaving her child with a sitter. I keep reminding myself that the communities I tended were never MINE, each just allowed me a part in the community. Communities belong to the members--that's you. Keep this place great for each other, for the new members that come along, and for me to visit.

Take care of yourselves.Update even when you are doing well. I have often been sad that we don't all post more on those good days or once we get a med that works. We all need the hope that someday we too will head out the door without worrying about whether there will be lines for bathrooms or no clean bathroom.

Thank you for having me as mod, as part of your community, and for all your wisdom and good thoughts.

I wish you all well.

arbob5 responded:
Gonna miss you, Pal. Thanks for all of your help, and I shall think of you everytime I eat an apple cider donut from our local orchard!!! They are yummy!!!! Good luck.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to arbob5's response:
Ah, apple cider donuts. I really should head to Long Grove and their apple bakery place and see if they have them yet this year. It should be time.

OyWithThePoodlesAlready responded:
It's always so nice to hear your knowledge and support - you'll certainly be missed - best of luck!

and - wait - so you're real world name isn't Louise? is it like in high school Spanish class when you had to pick a new name? even if yours appeared on the list?

enjoy the apple cider donuts - they sound delicious!

mindyj1971 responded:
Thanks so much Louise, for all of your encouraging words and helpful advice! It's been a pleasure "knowing" you. We will all look forward to seeing you on here from time to time. Don't forget about us....we still care what happens to you!

Please keep in touch:)

Hugs-Mindy

jodi2125 replied to mindyj1971's response:
Best of luck to you Louise.. Thanks for all your kind words and support... you will be missed.

jodi

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks everyone--I would thank you one by one but then I would get teary and I just wiped my computer down to get ready to send it back to the main office. (It's theirs.)

cook1958 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for all you have done..........best of luck in the future. You will be missed!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I still don't have a 'real' diagnosis, though have bee...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.