Skip to content
post intestinal surgery diarrhea
sanzovtyme posted:
I have d 31 inches of my lower intestine removed due to 2 instances of lymphoma. My problem is this: extreme diarrhea. I understand post intestinal surgery diarrhea is normal. I was taking cholestyramine, but it no longer is working. Has anyone experienced this ? Are there any meds that can help ? Any info will be very appreciated.

miserable_sob responded:
Did they make a pouch out of the rest of your intestine? What kind of diet are you on? I know how the right foods can help with diarrhea if you have a pouch.

kaj2313 responded:
Wondering how much of the cholestyramine you were taking? I started out at 1 teaspoon a day, and am now takeing 31/2 teaspoons a day. Plus, 5mg predisone. My Dr. told me to keep playing with the dose of cholestyamine. Otherwise I'm not sure what would help. I think you may need to call the Dr for some advice.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Aaron Wu. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis on December 2, 2011. My symptoms appeared late September, as mild abdominal cramping a...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.