Skip to content
post intestinal surgery diarrhea
sanzovtyme posted:
I have d 31 inches of my lower intestine removed due to 2 instances of lymphoma. My problem is this: extreme diarrhea. I understand post intestinal surgery diarrhea is normal. I was taking cholestyramine, but it no longer is working. Has anyone experienced this ? Are there any meds that can help ? Any info will be very appreciated.

miserable_sob responded:
Did they make a pouch out of the rest of your intestine? What kind of diet are you on? I know how the right foods can help with diarrhea if you have a pouch.

kaj2313 responded:
Wondering how much of the cholestyramine you were taking? I started out at 1 teaspoon a day, and am now takeing 31/2 teaspoons a day. Plus, 5mg predisone. My Dr. told me to keep playing with the dose of cholestyamine. Otherwise I'm not sure what would help. I think you may need to call the Dr for some advice.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with crohn's disease in 2008. Since then my husband and 3 children have been through so much with me. Several hospitalizations, 2 ...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful