Skip to content
There's an app for that
sheba_q posted:
When you're out and about and nature calls, finding the nearest bathroom usually becomes top priority. But how do you know where you can go to find an accessible public facility?

http://www.geektown.ca/2010/11/when-you-gotta-gotheres-an-app-to-tell-you-where-to-go.html

arbob5 responded:
Depends on where you are out and about, and whether you are familiar with the whole area. When I have a mini flare, I don't travel too far from home. Local Wal Mart, K Mart, or local restaurants. Full flare..I stay home. Mini remission, I get quite brave and go to "places unknown", and hope for the best. So far so good. Full remission, I go where I want, and pray, pray, pray that the remission remains in place. Problem is, we just never know.

Also it depends on what kind of urgencies you are getting. To make it plain and simple, if you get the urge, can you "pull it back in", as my husband says, or do you just gotta find a place quick!!!!! And I find that depending on what I've had to eat recently, will make that urgency a priority. Again tho, sometimes certain foods can effect me and other times they don't.

We do have dilemmas, don't we? Bottom line is, we all have to know our own bodies and what they do and don't do, and when they decide to "do" something, what are our options.

Even tho I'm in a pretty good place right now, I would NEVER consider taking a plane anywhere. The thought of all of a sudden getting the urge and having to "run" down the aisle to the john, and finding a line ahead of me is pure frightening. I just won't take a plane trip!

So, sorry I'm not much help, but when you do go somewhere, look around and find the facilities just in case. That's about all we can do in a new and/or strange location.

I try to find the humor in these situations sometimes...that helps to keep my sanity. Or, as my husband would say, I THINK it keeps my sanity. But we both have a lot of laughs about certain situations! Hang in there and try to keep a sense of humor. it helps believe me.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
This is great! I love that the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation launched this just in time for holiday shopping and traveling!

Has anyone loaded this app and tried it yet?

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diag with UC in 2007... Thought I had a bacterial infection from drinking out of the same cup as a dog (I've done worse). One peek with the sig, ...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.