Skip to content
working out?
kaj2313 posted:
Hi I had 14inches of my small intestine removed in Feb. I have been in remission starting in June. I just started working out again, first ab stuff in over a year. I'm worried about this causeing things to go out of wack. Does anyone work out regularly and have any advice?

miserable_sob responded:
Definitely talk to your doctor about it. You're possibly still going through the healing process. I've had a J Pouch for over 20 years and am not worried about what working out does to what's left of my intestine. Since working out hasn't caused any problems for me, I wouldn't be too worried if I was you. Everybody is different though. Take it slow at the beginning and watch for any problems. I've injured myself numerous times exercising, but none of my injuries have been J Pouch related. Although I am worried about dehydration while doing aerobics, since I know that's more likely to happen, when you have a pouch. My doctor believes my use of Immodium is what flicked the switch this year

Spotlight: Member Stories

I came down with Ulcerative Colitis in 1984, long before I ever heard of the internet. Thus I only wish I had more resources to choose from back then....More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful