Skip to content
Other issues
kaj2313 posted:
Does anyone have issues in other parts of their body with the crohns, I'm haveing eye trouble and joints and muscules trouble. Problem is should I go to the GI or to the GP, the GP just want to up my predisone, but I think it's more than that. But would I go to the GI???

mindyj1971 responded:
Hi kaj2313! Sorry you are having so many problems....trust me, you are not alone! I get sores in my mouth (thrush). I have been treated for it by my dentist. I just happened to have an appointment for a cleaning when it started, so he treated it for me, otherwise I probably would have called my primary care doc. I've been on prednisone since April and now I have osteopenia, too. I do get joint aches and pains, but they have not been bad enough to need treatment. I usually start with my primary care doc and since she knows my history with Crohn's, if it is something that she thinks I need to go back to the GI for, then that is what I do. It can take forever to get in to see the GI, though....ggggrrrrrr! I have a friend with Crohn's that gets flare ups in her eye and she sees an eye dr for it. They give her steroid eye drops for it.
I'm pretty sure that I didn't clear anything up for you....LOL! I don't think it will hurt to call either doctor:) Let us know what happens!

Take care and big hugs!
Mindy

kaj2313 replied to mindyj1971's response:
Mindy thanks for responding, I worry about you. You have so much going on my little problem isn't much. I'm thinking of you and your family. I'm sure you will do great you are a strong women with a family that loves you!! Get rested up girl!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Crohn's on June 16, 2010 after a year of mis-diagnosis (gall bladder surgery) and no diagnosis. I guess I'm fortunate to ...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.