Skip to content
More pain after activity?
JavaMamma27 posted:
This morning I woke up and had less pain. So I cleaned my house- which was FILTHY due to not feeling well. Now I am done cleaning and I am hurting again. Anyone else have pain after activity? I am still learning about Crohn's. Just want to know what is "normal"

TIA

Stephanie

Take the Poll

Do you have more abdominal pain after routine activity- ie, grocery shopping, cleaning...
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

Miserable_SOB responded:
I answered "no" to your poll Stephanie. Although I'm living with a J Pouch now.

sheba_q responded:
My colitis is fairly stable so I'd have to say no for me - I'm more likely to notice fatigue problems, which is why I take a nap most days. Seeing as your Crohn's is active right now I'm not surprised that activity is hurting you, esp if you're doing any bending, twisting etc. Of course it's tough to move around without moving your torso much.

One thing a lot of people seem to have trouble getting their head around is that they can't do everything whenever they want like they used to. Learn to pace yourself and try to do something every day, even if it's just having a shower.

shanna_02 responded:
I definitely have a correlation between activity and hurting during a flare. I totally agree that you have to pace yourself and only do things as you are able to. Pushing yourself to do more just leads to bad things. Do what you can when you can. When I clean, I try to do some everyday that way it does not get out of hand. Do a load of laundry and take a breather. Then maybe half of the bathroom and another break. It may take you all day just to do what should take a few hours, but this way you are doing it in a way that you are able.

shanna_02 responded:
I definitely have a correlation between activity and hurting during a flare. I totally agree that you have to pace yourself and only do things as you are able to. Pushing yourself to do more just leads to bad things. Do what you can when you can. When I clean, I try to do some everyday that way it does not get out of hand. Do a load of laundry and take a breather. Then maybe half of the bathroom and another break. It may take you all day just to do what should take a few hours, but this way you are doing it in a way that you are able.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with UC in 2004 but by 2006 they figured out it was probably Crohn's. I've had symptoms since I was 10 or 11. I also have a g...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.