Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where in the World
jaimem92 posted:
So what area is everyone from? I live in the great state of North Dakota, where we like to freeze our buns off apparently. I think I froze my nose hairs walking the block to work today.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

hannahleigh89 responded:
I live in south east Missouri, close to the "boot heel."

arbob5 responded:
Northern Illinois, about 30 minutes from Wisconsin. I love it here, but winters can be brutal. So far this year, the recent weather has been the worse. So I can live with that. Better weather around the corner, end of Feb. or first part of March. But then again, we never know do we, Midwesterners? I remember a spring break to Florida with our kids about 30 years ago (egads!). We waited in the Ft. Meyers airport for over 6 hours because the aircraft was delayed at Chicago O'Hare airport due to ice! By the way, this was first week of May!!!!!

kaj2313 replied to arbob5's response:
I am also from North Dakota, I'm tired of being stuck inside. But don't think I'd live anywhere else!

Magsjeanea replied to kaj2313's response:
Hi! I live in the Chattanooga, Tn area but was born and raised in New Orleans, I was blown here on the winds of Hurricane Katrina. Love tha mountains but they are hell with the snow and ice we have been getting. Y'all have a good football Sunday.
Love Goes There, Jeaneau

larsstarscanary responded:
NYS!

It is frozen here, too. I don't know if I will make it outside tomorrow...

jodi2125 replied to larsstarscanary's response:
ny here too - its frigid. more snow to come too.
jodi

sheba_q replied to jodi2125's response:
I'm in the "great white north" (just outside Vancouver BC). It's above freezing and sometimes raining (mostly at night), and it's supposed to be like this for at least the next week.

larsstarscanary replied to jodi2125's response:
No more snow--Make it stop!

larsstarscanary replied to sheba_q's response:
You must have a thick sheet of ice around constantly! It must be a tricky thing to walk on there...

Has it been hard to walk without slipping, sliding and even falling, heaven forbid...?

jodi2125 replied to larsstarscanary's response:
Lars, I wish I could make it stop, lol. The only good thing is hubby gets lots ot OT when it snows. that big storm we had paid for all of Christmas, lol.. Im in NYC area and we arent used to this at all. Are you upstate or by me? Its ice everywhere here.
Jodi

sheba_q replied to larsstarscanary's response:
I think the only thick sheet of ice must be the wall that protects my area from winter. Converted into fahrenheit the nighttime low here is 40.

jaimem92 replied to sheba_q's response:
I'm jealous. I wish winter would be done. My joints always hurt way more when it's cold out. It was finally nice enough to get out of town. I live in a pretty small town about an hour from Bismarck, so I had the day off and went to Biz for the day. It was nice, but was glad I got home before dark- sounds like the roads got slippery once it got dark.

miserable_sob replied to jaimem92's response:
I can't blame you Jaime, I hate driving during the night time when it's ice cold outside. It's cold enough here in the Chicago area, while in your parts the best way to sum it all up is "brutal."

mattdamonishot replied to miserable_sob's response:
I am in Cumming, GA about 30 minutes north of atlanta. We had lots of snow here a couple weeks ago. alot for GA anyway!!!LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there. It feels like I've been dealing with intestinal issues my whole life. I was first diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 17; I'...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.