Skip to content
What do you like to do to entertain yourself when you feel like bad?
JavaMamma27 posted:
I can't be the only one who spends hours sitting around feeling bad or on painkillers. What do you do to pass the time? I like to play The Sims 3 on Wii. I also like to color stained glass coloring books (vellum paper) using high quality prismacolor pencils. I love shading and making pictures come to life.

How do you make the hours go by?

Stephanie

OyWithThePoodlesAlready responded:
I knit

do you like sims 3 on the wii? is it as good as the computer game? I have sims castaway on the wii but its not as good as sims 2 on the computer but I don't have a laptop to play on, so I can't really play when I'm sick bc I can't lay down and be comfortable at the computer

shanna_02 responded:
My Kindle is my best friend...Its with me when I am laying in the bed or on the couch and its right there when I am spending hours on my "throne". A close second would be the DVR. I always keep about 5 or more lifetime movies recorded bc you never know when you are going to need something to watch during daytime TV.

JavaMamma27 replied to shanna_02's response:
I have a Nook. I can check out digital books from the library. I LOVE IT. Another great time killer! I just bought "The Mists of Avalon" 1005 pages. I have read it several times, but one of my all time favorites!

shanna_02 replied to JavaMamma27's response:
Some days you really need books that long There are several that I have read over and over. I am hooked on Bernard Cromwell's saxon series and Cecelia Ahern who wrote PS I Love You. If you have watched the movie then you really need to read the book bc it is so much better.

sheba_q replied to shanna_02's response:
I also have seasonal depression and before I had a light box I had to have a collection of non-physical things to do every winter. Some days all I could do was listen to music, other days watch tv/movies. When I felt slightly more energized I would play Atari games (I need to get that hooked up to my new tv) or sometimes put together a jigsaw puzzle. I can also spend huge amounts of time on my computer, on and offline.

Oh how I love the invention of the dvr. It is sooo handy when you're watching something on tv and your belly decides otherwise. Being able to pause and rewind is so useful.

I don't know that it's entertaining but I've started making basic container candles, which takes time to do (you don't have to be standing over it most of the time).

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to JavaMamma27's response:
hey javamamma, what format is your library books that work on the nook? are the in the adobe daily editions? I read kindle books on my phone but I do like the idea of being able to check out books from the library and our library does the daily edition format

JavaMamma27 replied to OyWithThePoodlesAlready's response:
I check out from Denver Public Library and they are in ePub format which is compatable with the Nook. I went to the library website BEFORE I bought my nook to see which devices are compatible with their eBooks. And Nook was the one.

jaimem92 replied to JavaMamma27's response:
I have a Kindle too- our library just set it up that most ebooks are compatible with their stuff. So I read a lot. I also knit a lot. I'm on call a lot for my job- so that stuff has always been handy to have around. I also am a bit of a video game addict. I started playing Red Dead Redemption- that's pretty cool. I get made fun of a lot tho- a 25 year old female that's addicted to video games.. lol. It passes the time tho.

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to JavaMamma27's response:
yeah, I've looked at the list in the past and they listed the sony ereader, and I've thought about it but I'd love to hear from someone who actually uses one.

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to jaimem92's response:
Last year I was pretty well stuck on the couch all the time so I started a scarf but now that I'm feeling good I can't seem to make time to finish it - and it was suppose to be my sisters Christmas present - oops!

I do love having the kindle books on my phone, esp when I'm stuck waiting at a dr office!

I've never gotten into video games beyond sims but the guys at my office play minecraft and I have to admit it sounds pretty cool I just need a good laptop - cause when I'm sick sitting up is the last thing I want to do...

hannahleigh89 replied to OyWithThePoodlesAlready's response:
My brother also plays Minecraft and he really enjoys it. He does a lot of gaming though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in September 08. I had just started out with what I thought was a stomach bug in January 08, but my symptoms ...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.