Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DigestaCure
barbarafromtucson posted:
A friend has recommended this to me and has had positive results herself. Went to www.digestaCure.com and it almost looks too good to be true. However my friend is finding healing from this and there is endless testimonials on the website.

Has anyone here tried it?

When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile!!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

swvagirl responded:
I looked over the website and have heard of people taking aloe vera, however haven't heard any response as to how it has worked for them. I sent it over to my mom as one of her collegues daughter's has crohn's disease and they have tried aloe at one point. Their "guarantee" makes me wonder.....If you try it I would like to know how it goes.

barbarafromtucson replied to swvagirl's response:
I have friends too who just tried aloe vera and they didn't notice any big difference--but they just tried pure aloe vera--not a 'mix' and I don't know if they used a top notch product or a cheap ineffective one...I don't have crohns/collitis, but I do have IBS and so I am going to try it...if it doesn't work--then it's back to the drawing board. I will let you know!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I want to share a response from Dr. Mark Stacy , an expert with our Parkinson's Community. He recently addressed similar types "curing" products.

"I appreciate you allowing me to say for the record:
"I believe it is unconscionable for anyone to prey on the desperate hopes of someone with an illness for the purpose of profit."
If anyone offers these promises. Ask them how they have proven the product works. If they do not say through 2 double blind placebo controlled trials, and FDA or EMA approval, the product has not been assessed for safety and efficacy by government regulatory agencies."

We all know that crohn's and colitis symptoms, treatments, diets and medications vary drasticially from one member to another. What has worked great for some has had frustrating results for others.

So, bottom line, be cautiously optimistic in any product you may choose to try.

Elizabeth

th414 replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
I started this in March and it took me a couple of times to gear up because I kept getting a headache. I've now been on 8 per day for two months and have not noticed a difference in my inflammatory arthritis symptoms. Just wondering if you ever tried this and how it's working for you.

barbarafromtucson replied to th414's response:
I ended up not trying it because it seemed too expensive and given the responses that I've gotten from different communities, decided it wasn't worth the expense.

AzJohnny replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
Good for you Barbara, I know how tempting it is to try every "cure" or treatment that you hear about but careful checking and research is the key to separating the possibly good treatments from the cons. At times I've felt like having a serious disease is like having a target painted on me that every con-artist in the world can see. Be slow to try something and always check with your doctor first because some of these things don't play well with the meds we take.

Hello to everyone again, it's been a long time since I logged on.

Hannah, it seems you've been through a lot since I was last here, I hope it has improved your life at least a little.

Nita348 replied to th414's response:
I can't believe that anyone would take or recommend Digesticure for arthritis. If you have arthritis, please do the following:
eliminate citrus (too much acid)
eliminate night shades (white potatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes)
Take a good calcium/magnesium supplement, vitamin C. I have had good results with Sea Mussel by Food Science Labs. B6 is also good. Watch what you eat, avoid negative situations. Don't drink tap water. You'll get over arthritis. I took gold injections for 6 years. Have not had gold or medication for 35 years.

Byke46 replied to th414's response:
In severe conditions you are to work yourself up to 12 pills per day and stay there until symptoms are gone. See directions below.

http://www.digestaqure.com/directions.php

Carl_the_Physician responded:

I am a research scientist/physician, and an Open Minded Skeptic looking into the product mentioned here. I'd like to respond to Barbara's post. [My comments within brackets for context>.

I, too, appreciate your allowing me to say this for the record. She posts:

"I want to share a response from Dr. Mark Stacy , an expert with our Parkinson's Community. He recently addressed similar types "curing" products. [Of course the allopathic community is hesitant to use the legal term "cure" since that means the condition is 100% resolved and does not return for 5 years>

"I believe it is unconscionable for anyone to prey on the desperate hopes of someone with an illness for the purpose of profit." [Oh, rider of the High Horse, I believe it unconscionable, as well as disgusting, for anyone to word an answer, like yours, with such obviously derogatory and inflammatory word choices. And, by "prey on...for profit", do you mean, like the example set by the entire medical community? --the MDs who prefer to "manage" their Cash Cows rather than "cure" them? We are lucky that so many are quickly learning about this concept: "the money is in managing diseases and conditions, not curing them".>

If anyone offers these promises. Ask them how they have proven the product works. If they do not say through 2 double blind placebo controlled trials, [Is not this an unreasonable standard? Because of the statistically significant variables, why not demand the studies be performed on twins? Besides, the FDA allows products until they are >>proven to be harmful<< not the other way around (like the rest of the world). Products like drugs, GMO foods and artificial sweeteners should only be allowed once they are proven to be SAFE.> ...and FDA or EMA approval, the product has not been assessed for safety and efficacy by government regulatory agencies."

[Oh, puh-leeze. I guess you missed the memo. The revolving-door FDA folks do not approve NATURAL PRODUCTS. It's not their job. They approve chemical-based drugs for the superficial treatment of symptoms of diseases. FDA approved, profit-based pharmaceutical drugs reportedly kill tens of thousands of desperate and suffering people annually, and maim hundreds of thousands more, while masking symptoms (at best), and healing virtually nothing. We won't even touch on "iatrogenic" or "nosocomial" because that's almost irrelevant here>

We all know that crohn's and colitis symptoms, treatments, diets and medications vary drasticially from one member to another. What has worked great for some has had frustrating results for others. [Yes, every individual IS different. Think: Q: Where did you find your keys? A: The last place I looked! — lol — Whether the "cure" is found through a homeopathic remedy, acupuncture needles, a chiropractic adjustment or a prescription drug, it's ALWAYS the last resort — lol? get it? I digress>

[For health, there is a reasonable theme to follow: learn how to become healthy! Duh! Become a "health nut". This includes cleaning-out one's system, building strength and building the immune system. People must actually learn how to eat! Grow (or find) food that actually has nutrients. Get on a first name basis with food producers. Understand that forks do not cause obesity. Eat organics. It's what our grandparents called "food.">

So, bottom line, be cautiously optimistic in any product you may choose to try. [Bottom line is to do some research and do your own testing. Try to maintain a civil tone devoid of uninformed (<--that's a nice word for ignorant) condescension. Realize that if even one person is helped and is subsequently labeled as "anecdotal" evidence (by those with the biggest profit motive), it was an "empirical" result for that one individual>

Elizabeth

[Follow the BIG money—lol—& look up all the unfamiliar words starting with "ad hominem" - lol>

Be well! (and keep laughing!—It's good medicine!)

DrCarl

An_251650 responded:

As a research scientist/physician, and an Open Minded Skeptic, I'll respond to Barbara's post. [My comments within brackets for context>.

I, too, appreciate your allowing me to say this for the record. She posts:

"I want to share a response from Dr. Mark Stacy , an expert with our Parkinson's Community. He recently addressed similar types "curing" products. [Of course the allopathic community is hesitant to use the legal term "cure" since that means the condition is 100% resolved and does not return for 5 years>

"I believe it is unconscionable for anyone to prey on the desperate hopes of someone with an illness for the purpose of profit." [Oh, rider of the High Horse, I believe it unconscionable, as well as disgusting, for anyone to word an answer, like yours, with such obviously derogatory and inflammatory word choices. And, by "prey on...for profit", do you mean, like how the 99% of medical community demonstrates? --the MDs who prefer to "manage" their Cash Cows rather than "cure" them? We are lucky that so many are quickly learning about this concept: "the money is in managing diseases and conditions, not curing them".>

If anyone offers these promises. Ask them how they have proven the product works. If they do not say through 2 double blind placebo controlled trials, [Is not this an unreasonable standard? Because of the statistically significant variables, why not demand the studies be performed on twins? Besides, the FDA allows products until they are >>proven to be harmful<< not the other way around (like the rest of the world). Products like drugs, GMO foods and artificial sweeteners should only be allowed once they are proven to be SAFE.> ...and FDA or EMA approval, the product has not been assessed for safety and efficacy by government regulatory agencies."

[Oh, puh-leeze. I guess you missed the memo. The revolving-door FDA folks do not approve NATURAL PRODUCTS. It's not their job. They approve chemical-based drugs for the superficial treatment of symptoms of diseases. FDA approved, profit-based pharmaceutical drugs reportedly kill tens of thousands of desperate and suffering people annually, and maim hundreds of thousands more, while masking symptoms (at best), and healing virtually nothing. We won't even touch on "iatrogenic" or "nosocomial" because that's almost irrelevant here>

We all know that crohn's and colitis symptoms, treatments, diets and medications vary drasticially from one member to another. What has worked great for some has had frustrating results for others. [Yes, every individual IS different. Think: Q: Where did you find your keys? A: The last place I looked! — lol — Whether the "cure" is found through a homeopathic remedy, acupuncture needles, a chiropractic adjustment or a prescription drug, it's ALWAYS the last resort — lol? get it? I digress>

[For health, there is a reasonable theme to follow: learn how to become healthy! Duh! Become a "health nut". This includes cleaning-out one's system, building strength and building the immune system. People must actually learn how to eat! Grow (or find) food that actually has nutrients. Get on a first name basis with food producers. Understand that forks do not cause obesity. Eat organics. It's what our grandparents called "food.">

So, bottom line, be cautiously optimistic in any product you may choose to try. [Bottom line is to do some research and do your own testing. Try to maintain a civil tone devoid of uninformed (<--that's a nice word for ignorant) condescension. Realize that if even one person is helped and is subsequently labeled as "anecdotal" evidence (by those with the biggest profit motive), it was an "empirical" result for that one individual>

Elizabeth

[Yup, follow the really BIG money — lol — & look up all the unfamiliar words starting with "ad hominem" - lol>

Be well! (and keep laughing, too! — It's good medicine!)

An_251650 replied to Carl_the_Physician's response:

PS — I am afraid I got carried away. I failed to point-out that the product has stabilized >>long-chain<< polymannan and polysaccharide molecules, and that apparently these are the effective ones. The site mentioned somewhere that processing destroys these and leaves only short-chain molecules of interest.

Also, avoiding all citrus is idiotic. Learn about what foods are alkalizing and acidifying rather than what appears to be acidic. For example, lemons are extremely alkalazing — they cause the opposite of an acidic condition — and yet one would assume they are acidic, right?

As for taking Cal/Mag, current research indicates that calcium supplementation can increase the risk of heart attacks and breast cancer (if not administered with vitamin D3). Well-mineralized organic food is the best source for ALL the minerals.

Be well,

DrCarl

cinnamonym replied to An_251650's response:
I have severe hyperthyroidism with a myriad of symptoms. It came on suddenly this Summer, and have been desperately searching for foods and supplements that might help. In the search I found DigestaCure, read their information online, and considered ordering. However in searching further online I found more testimonials AGAINST that product and company than FOR it. Apparently they tell your to build up to a high and expensive dosage and TO STAY AT THAT DOSAGE UNTIL YOUR PROBLEM GOES AWAY. Unsatisfied users report that they reached the recommended dosage and had no benefit but that they could not get their money back from the company because the company said that they had not followed the directions: had not stayed on the product at the high level until their problem went away. I don't know if that product ever made anyone's medical problems go away but there is ample testament online that it may have made people's money go away.I decided not to try it. The products that I have used successfully for keeping my symptoms under control are selected Pekanna homeopathics, Native Remedies ThyroSoothe, and Vital Earth Minerals "fulvic Mineral Complex" along with liquid multi-vitamin from the same company.I had lost a lot of weight that I could not regain. I was very weak. I have now been on the minerals for three weeks and have gained 5 pounds in that time.My problem certainly is not "cured" but I feel I am making real progress back in the direction of normalcy. I am glad I did not select DigestaCure instead.

nti4life replied to cinnamonym's response:
I have had ulcerative colitis for 25 years and in that time have never had a clear colonoscopy. Two years ago, my doctor said that if things didn't change, I may have to have my colon removed. He found precancerous cells. So, last year, I started using Digestacure in April and did exactly as they directed. I had my colonoscopy in December (2013) and for the first time EVER, my colon was clear, no bumps, modules, polyps, lacerations, or bleeding. All I can say is, people and the medical community may want to 'dis' this company and the product, but I'll stay with results.

balancedsynergy replied to nti4life's response:
WOW! Thats amazzing. So where are they located? i drove down the road to the address on the website to buy a bottle and it was just a drop box at a ups/brown packing/shipping store next door to a CVS drug store in a little strip mall and pretty seedy part of town. yup these south FL LLCs/Corps sure are abundant. I wonder if they r hiring?Well then again , im probably not qualified for anything beingits a in house siencelab/manufacturing plant. O bugger... Hey i did run a telemarketing company once when i was like 18! Ya think?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2006 after struggling for a couple of years to get a diagnosis. I've tried many, many m...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.