Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Has this ever happened to anyone or am I crazy?
laurenhope91 posted:
So whenever i get flareups, or for example now after my surgery (read my profile) i have been having very painful bowel movements and feels constipated but it comes out soft like diarrhea. has this ever happened to anyone? it really hurts when im sitting on the toilette especially when im having a bowel movement. Also not to sound gross but im just going to come out and say this, but i have these ridges or bumps around my anus hole and the hurt when you touch them. i go to see my new GI Dr on friday so I will ask him. but does anyone have any suggestions?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

miserable_sob responded:
It's been a long time but I've had the same symptoms. There's really been no way I could ever beat my diarrhea in my Ulcerative Colitis days and J Pouch too.

Have you tried any creams or lotions to deal with your pain? The best thing I've ever found is Zinc Oxide. You can buy it at almost any drugstore, it's cheap too if you stick with the generic brand.

laurenhope91 replied to miserable_sob's response:
thanks. i mean i have every sypmtom of crohns and am borderline for ibd, is having malabsorbtion, a sed rate of 43 amd sooo much more!!! i go to the drs this friday thanks for the tip. oksy this may sound weird but the cream goes on the outside right? because the inside hurts too!

JavaMamma27 responded:
sounds like you have hemroids. They can be on the outside and inside and from what I hear they are very painful and burn! I have not had them, but several friends did while pregnant.

hannahleigh89 responded:
Lol, you're not crazy. Both of these (the feeling constipated and it being soft and the hemorrhoids) are very common with IBD. The cream Miserable suggested should help with some of the pain. When I left the hospital after my ostomy reversal, they gave me a tube of stuff called Calmoseptine, with the active ingredient being the Zinc Oxide that Miserable suggested.

Yes, it goes on the outside. There are other things you can do to relieve the hemorrhoids besides the creams. There are special baths you can take that help relieve some of the pain and a few other things, but I'm not really familiar with them because I've not had too much of a problem with them. If you do a Google search for hemorrhoid relief or look around on WebMD some, you should be able to find something.

laurenhope91 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Thank you so much to EVERYONE! it means a lot knowing that i can talk to any of the members of this forum and not feel judged because of what i am going through. you guys are really helping me out and its good to know that i have you guys to help me through this journey!!

Love you all!!

Love always,

Lauren Hope

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Here is a link to the hemorrhoid info.

Elizabeth

laurenhope91 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Elizabeth!!
I had to be sent to another GI that my nutritionist wanted me to see so i made the appointment for next week after my other GI appt on friday but my nutritionist said i had to go right away so since they were friends they were able to get me in yesterday afternoon. when i told her about the pain she said yeah i most likely have the hemorrhoids. she was like "oh you don't have Crohns you dont have Crohns" and i just sat there and was like you havent even read my records and when i told her i was borderline for an ibd she was like well that doesnt mean anything. i got so annoyed. she said i have a severe bacterial overgrowth and immediately started me on heavy duty probiotics and another antispasmodic. and that this was ibs. i was just so frustrated that i couldnt even get out the emotion i had yesterday until today. yesterday was a really hard day for me. i cried all day appt after appt. first the nutritionist, then therapy, then psychiatrist, then GI. i was so exauhsted!! I hope i get some news after tomorrows appt!! i will let you all know!
Lauren Hope

arbob5 replied to laurenhope91's response:
I guess she could be right about the bacterial overgrowth. Are you taking the meds she prescribed? Just curious.

laurenhope91 replied to arbob5's response:
yeah i am taking the probiotics and i feel worse on them actually. i am going to the bathroom more and am having just more pain. i just had a colonoscopy again yesterday and once again he couldnt get into the terminal illium because the valve was so tight. i was soo devastated because i had a feeling that would happen again and im just done with everything. he did take a lot of biopsies so. im just done!
Lauren Hope

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to laurenhope91's response:
did he say why the valve was an issue? I had the same problem but my gi said mine was a combination of scaring and swelling

laurenhope91 replied to OyWithThePoodlesAlready's response:
no which if you think about it that is where i am having all of the pain...wouldnt you think maybe thats where the problem is?!?! i will do anything and everything to prove that i am right and that something else besides ibs is really wrong. i cant deal with this...why or even how can ibs be so severe?!?!
Lauren Hope

miserable_sob replied to laurenhope91's response:
Have you discussed trying a capsule endoscopy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_endoscopy with your GI? I don't know if it will work, but the thought hit my head since the old fashioned Colonoscopy is a failure.

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to laurenhope91's response:
My friend's mom (my friend had uc) has delt with really bad IBS, there is no damage but she can be in a ton of pain. The difference is that she doesn't have damage so she just has to deal with the symptoms - but that doesn't make them any easier...

Lauren, it sounds like you've had a ton of test - does the ct show anything? (sorry - I think I remember you saying you did have one but I don't remember what it showed) I know mine have showed what looks like crohn's even before the colonoscopy showed much at all

I think it can sometimes be tricky to get into the ileum- my gi said something about a difficult turn - but he told me mine looked deformed.
I'm looking at my colonoscopy result page - here are the notes about not being able to get into the ileum for me:

* "the mucosa of the ileocecal valve appeared edematous, ulcerated and friable"
* "the terminal ileum was visualized and appeared inflamed and ulcerated. Despite multiple attempts, I could not intubate the terminal ileum"

The pill cam is an interesting idea msob... if she has narrowing it can be bad bc it can get stuck - but it might be worth asking if its possible

Lauren, I think you've referenced seeing a surgical gi - could you go to another gi for a 2nd opinion? or even talk to your gp? I know I've gotten more info sometimes from providers when they're reading someone else's notes - crazy as that is...

I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy. I know what I kept thinking when I was hearing IBS was - fine - then lets work on making me feel better. Just because there's no evidence of damage doesn't mean it doesn't matter - I think we all just want to live life to the fullest possible but I agree - not having an explanation is frustrating

I hope you got some good rest last night

hang in there
Ali

laurenhope91 replied to OyWithThePoodlesAlready's response:
Hey Ali, thank you. the CT scan only showed inflammation. its just so annoying he said that the valve was really tight so i really dont know anymore to be honest with you. MSOB is right i can do the capsule but i was told by the gi surgeon that it isnt really the best test to do but if i have to do it i will.

there are so many days where i just want to give up! im going to see my primary dr today because now i have a bad cold on top of things and my hips are still bothering me so i just want to talk to her about that. and i just need someone to talk to in general because i am miserable and i dont see my therapist until monday and i cant wait that long.

thanks for listening ali!

i hope you are doing good too!
Lauren Hope

Spotlight: Member Stories

All I have now are body aches. Colonoscopy found pan UC 11/2008. I had reoccurring iritis before starting Apriso.

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.