Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
UGH!! Seriously?
JavaMamma27 posted:
Now I have an ear infection AND a sinus infection. ON TOP OF THE FLARE THAT I AM IN! SERIOUSLY??????

Saw the NP at my PCP'S 's this morning. Started me on amoxacillin. Hopefully it works fast.

steph

Magsjeanea responded:
Steph, I know it seems like right now you can't catch a break but even though I am not super religious, I will be praying that your suffering is lessened. Take your pain pills when you need them, don't try to be brave and not take them.
Hopefully with the antibiotics you are going on for your infection will help your flare.
I will give you my email address if you would like to vent or just talk, it's Jeaneau3454@yahoo.com. It's a throw away account so I don't mind giving it out. Anyone who would like to talk can write to me.
Being a retired nurse it drives me nuts that we have to weigh everything we say here so that we don't sound like we are diagnosing.
Write if you want, and I am praying that you will feel better quickly.
Hope all goes well and they find your problems with your colonoscopy.
Take good care,
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

JavaMamma27 replied to Magsjeanea's response:
I am taking my pain meds. It is the only way I can rest. I do have to time and space the doses so that I can drive in the afternoon to get my daughter to school, but tylenol can at least take the edge off.

Infection has moved fully into my sinuses overnight. I am used to feeling really good after 24 hours of anti-biotics, but I think it will be slower now because of the Humira.

Today I am taking it really slow, doing a little bit at a time. My daughter and I are watching princess movies and coloring. Yesterday while my daughter was at school, I sent my son to a friend's house so I could sleep for a couple of hours. It was wonderful.

stephanie

mattdamonishot replied to JavaMamma27's response:
Stephanie,
I HATE that you are sufferign right now.I hoep things clear up quickly for you. You deserve some relief and quickly!!!!!

Magsjeanea replied to JavaMamma27's response:
Glad you are taking it slow, sometimes that is the only way we can handle what we have to handle. I love watching Princess movies with my granddaughter and the little girls next door, that had never been a chore to me...lol... and I bet it is not a chore to you but does give you the rest and non-movement that you need right now. Crossing my fingers that you don't have anything other than inflammation on your colonoscopy. Hope all goes well, I know you will give us the results when you get them.
take good care,
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

JavaMamma27 replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Good thing I have my colonoscopy next week. I started bleeding today! Is there no end? Depending on the colonoscopy it might be worth the risk of the CTscan w/ contrast. They will have to seriously pre-treat me and be ready in case I stop breathing again.

Tomorrow my daughter goes to her friend's house in the morning! Woohoo!! A couple of quiet hours to myself.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brandi, I am a 26 year old mother of 2. I have a daughter who is 7 named Kylie and son who is 2 named Zeke. I first started experiencing ...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.