Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on the new GI!
laurenhope91 posted:
So because of not liking my GI Dr. i went to a surgeon GI who helped my family immensely when my grandma was very sick with her stomach problems. I LOVE him. He is so amazing! He is so compassionate and told me he just wanted a magic pill so he doesn't have to see me like this. Now for someone to say that to me whom i have only met once before is very generous and again, amazing.

so we got into his office and the first thing he said was that all of the problems i am having are the signs of Crohn's Disease but he can't diagnose it until he actually see's something so i am going for another colonoscopy next wednesday, which is awesome because he is very hard to schedule with because he has so many patients and surgery to preform. he was very concerned about the SED rate being so high at a 43 so when my mom had told him that both of my brothers have an autoimmune disease and that one of them is ankalosis spondylitis(did not spell right...sorry) he said immediately to see a rhumatologist(again didnt spell right lol) because i mostly have it as well because of everything i am feeling. huhhhh.

He is an amazing listener and was very sympathetic and i have never had a GI Dr. that was like that. i cried the whole appt because i was just so upset because of how i have been feeling and today i'm having a lot of pain, severe fatigue and going to the bathroom a lot, so that didn't help a bit.

the one thing that he prescribed to me was to go out and have fun with my friends. go hang out or to the mall or whatever, easier said than done. but the fact that he said that really showed he cared and didnt want me to always be remembering that i am having pain!

I hope we can get further into this investigation and get some results from the colonoscopy. the last on that i had done with my other dr, he couldn't get into the terminal illium because of the anatomy and stool being in there, which makes no sense, but the new GI said he will try as many times as it takes to get in there. this just told me right away he was determined to find out whats wrong and fix it right away.

thanks for listening!
Lauren Hope

Magsjeanea responded:
Lauren, I am so happy for you that you found a compassionate physician. They make our disease so much easier to tolerate. Hope you can find all of your answers with this doctor. Good luck with your next colonoscopy.
Take good care,
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

laurenhope91 replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Thank you! i am really happy too!! i will let you know how everything works out.

Hope you are doing well!
Lauren Hope

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was DX with UC in November 2008. Good days and bad days. Meds help, SOMETIMES, but frustrating nevertheless. I'm 71 years old, my hubby and I a...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.