Skip to content
I got in!
hannahleigh89 posted:
On Thursday, I got my letter of acceptance from the nursing school that I applied to. There are a bunch of hoops I have to jump through first, but if everything goes well and I get it all done on time, I should start nursing school this fall. I'm so happy.

I've gotta get re-certified for CPR and have a physical, background check, and drug test done. I have an orientation that I have to go to on April 25th, so I'm sure I'll find out more about what I need to do then. I'm so excited about getting to buy scrubs and all that stuff. I just wanted to let everybody know my good news.

I also have bad news... My cousin's dog died today. I went with her when we were young kids to pick him out, and they had him for a long time... And he died this morning. Then I get home from babysitting to find out that one of my favorite outside cats was hit by a car today, and she also died. She was maybe 6 months old, and any time I went outside, she'd follow me around or try to lay on my feet so that I'd pet her... She was such a ham. So sweet and loving. Her sister seems lost without her... Poor thing.

Anyway, hope everybody's doing well. Love you guys.

miserable_sob responded:
As far as employment goes you're in one of the best industries there is now. I know it keeps my sister in law RN busy constantly. Given your medical condition too, I believe it might be of some help for you too to hang around hospitals.

swvagirl responded:
Oh Hannah! I am so excited for you! Just think maybe the positives that are coming in your life will help you feel better also. Just keep in mind not to stress too much, cause nursing school is hard. Gotta keep you healthy so you can help all us other sickies!

OyWithThePoodlesAlready responded:
Congrats Hannah
I bet you'll do even better than most people - having to fight to get here - plus having experience on the other end - I bet you'll be the star of your class

JavaMamma27 responded:
Congrats!!! Yay!!!

The program I want to do is a 13-month accelerated. But I need to be a whole lot healthier- ha ha ha. Right now I can't even keep a 15/hour a week job.

So glad you are going to school now. I do have my BS. and I am so freaking glad that I am not trying to get my degree with kids, and Crohn's and life in general. Do it while you are YOUNG!!! Especially when considering your health issues.

yay for you!!!!!!!!

Magsjeanea responded:
Hannah, I am so glad to hear your good news. As a retired nurse myself, I am so glad that a sweet, compassionate person like you chose to be a nurse. All I can wish for you is much love and luck. I know it won't be easy for you but you are much more advanced with what you have gone through. Just take it easy and always remember that negative energy breeds negative energy and you will have a lot of energy around you so just keep your chin up. Hope all goes well.
Take good care,d
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

arbob5 responded:
Congrats, Hannah. You continue to surprise me! You are quite a gal, and I don't think I've ever met someone of your age with your determination. You are one of a kind. Keep it up....you will be successful, I have no doubt about that at all!

jaimem92 responded:
Congrats!!
Nursing programs aren't easy to get into! I know being in the medical field has helped me so much in understanding what's going on with my body and to help me be an advocate for my treatments. Good luck with everything!

Egideon91 responded:
Congrats on the school thing. I am trying to get a degree in
Mental Health and Counseling Clinical Psychology.

mindyj1971 responded:
YAY Hannah! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I know that you will do fabulous! I'm just so proud of you, girl!

Big Hugs,
Mindy

hannahleigh89 responded:
Thanks for all the congratulations.

I have orientation on April 25th and CPR training on April 29th, so next week is going to be a busy and stressful one. I'm excited though. Just wish I was feeling a bit better. I've been having some pain the last few days, but hopefully I'll be able to sleep it off or something.

Also, results of my flex sig showed that my pouch is inflamed, but I also still have two staples in it so the doctor thought the inflammation might be a result of those. She took biopsies, and said that my small intestine looks healthy for now. So it looks like the Humira/methotrexate may be working. I'm supposed to start using neomycin/hydrocortisone suppositories three times a week, but they're enormous and I'm quite terrified to try. So for now, they're just in the fridge until I get ballsy enough to try it.

hannahleigh89 replied to mindyj1971's response:
How are you doing, girl? I haven't heard much from you lately. Hope things are going well!

CountryMommaFlorida replied to hannahleigh89's response:
I read you are also taking the methotrexate... any suggestions to the nausea I seem to get when I take my shot? I take zofran before and try to go to sleep right after but the next day or two I am soooo naucious. I hate the feeling of dreading my meds. I was on Humira but had a reaction so they are discussing putting me back on Remicade. Just ran bloodwork to make sure I don't have any antibodies from being on it before. Right now they won't start it due to me contracting salomella poisoning and after 4.5 months I am still testing positive. You seem like a very vibrant and determined "fighter" of Crohns and I am so happy to see you reaching for your career dreams. I am a dental assistant however if I become a colony carrier I can no longer work in my profession so I am considering going back to school. I believe we have to try and keep our lives normal as possible or Crohns can overtake you. Thanks for your time and hope to hear back from you

hannahleigh89 replied to CountryMommaFlorida's response:
I'm not on methotrexate anymore. I wasn't actually on it for very long because I was using it with Humira and it didn't seem to do the trick. I'm now on something called Tysabri. I didn't really notice it making me nauseous. I was so sick all the time though that I'm not sure I'd have noticed it. Sorry I can't be of any more assistance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Karen (36 yrs old) Microscopic Colitis, Fructose & Sucrose Intolerant Undiagnosed for more than 10 yrs with lower abdominal pain, 15-20 restroom ...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.