Skip to content
Is there a Flare-Up coming???
shanna_02 posted:
I recently left my Night shift job and moved into one that is straight days...I have had so much more energy since then. Its nice to feel normal and sleep when I should. The only problem is in the last few weeks my belly has had some ups and downs. I have had a few rounds of painful diarrhea, back pain, horid gas bubbles in my stomach, and the general yucky feeling in my stomach. I have been in "remission" for about 6-8 months and doing so well. I knew that switching jobs would mess with me physically some, but I was hoping to just power through it and get by. With each day that passes, Im just not to sure that its going to happen.

I know what it was like before the meds work and how bad I felt. I also know how it was when I was trying different meds. I was wondering how it is for others whose meds have worked then went into a flare up how it is. Is it as severe? What are my chances of staying on the same meds by upping the doses or will I probably be going through trial and error again?

Im hoping that I am just over reacting and its just a stumbling block and after a few more weeks I will straighten out. I just want to try my best to mentally be prepared for the worse if it is going to be a prolonged amount of time again...

Magsjeanea responded:
I don't know if you are going to go into a flare again, no one really knows. Hopefully it will only be a glitch from changing shifts. I know it always got to me when I had to change shifts. I am hoping that you will be fine. Just keep a stiff upper lip and look for the best. Try not to get too nervous about it. Hope you do well.
Take good care,
Love Goes There,

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Meg, and I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in July 2007, two weeks before my wedding day. My husband is a pastor, and we are currentl...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.