Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Is there a Flare-Up coming???
shanna_02 posted:
I recently left my Night shift job and moved into one that is straight days...I have had so much more energy since then. Its nice to feel normal and sleep when I should. The only problem is in the last few weeks my belly has had some ups and downs. I have had a few rounds of painful diarrhea, back pain, horid gas bubbles in my stomach, and the general yucky feeling in my stomach. I have been in "remission" for about 6-8 months and doing so well. I knew that switching jobs would mess with me physically some, but I was hoping to just power through it and get by. With each day that passes, Im just not to sure that its going to happen.

I know what it was like before the meds work and how bad I felt. I also know how it was when I was trying different meds. I was wondering how it is for others whose meds have worked then went into a flare up how it is. Is it as severe? What are my chances of staying on the same meds by upping the doses or will I probably be going through trial and error again?

Im hoping that I am just over reacting and its just a stumbling block and after a few more weeks I will straighten out. I just want to try my best to mentally be prepared for the worse if it is going to be a prolonged amount of time again...
magsjeanea responded:
I don't know if you are going to go into a flare again, no one really knows. Hopefully it will only be a glitch from changing shifts. I know it always got to me when I had to change shifts. I am hoping that you will be fine. Just keep a stiff upper lip and look for the best. Try not to get too nervous about it. Hope you do well.
Take good care,
Love Goes There,

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in August of 2008 after several months of bouncing around to different doctors trying to find answers. For mon...More

Helpful Tips

Trips to ER
When I get out of the hospital this time, one of the first things I will do when I get home is to pack a small bag with toiletries for my ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 30 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.