Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's Up Wednesday - What are your plans for Easter?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Knowing the thought of eating hard boiled eggs, candy, ham, lamb and all the fixings may not agree with you - But what about dyeing eggs, stuffing eggs and just hanging out, trying to relax!

There is something about the smell of vinegar that brings back memories of those little colored tablets and dyeing eggs.

Share your Easter plans and traditions,
Elizabeth

larsstarscanary responded:
I'm just testing--It doesn't seem as if the site is registering replies!

larsstarscanary responded:
I don't celebrate holidays anymore and wouldn't have remembered it's Easter Sunday had it not been for some friends.

I'm starting a new tradition: I'll be throwing out the stuff that's snuffing the life out of this place--I already threw out 2 suitcases and clothes.

My yarn collection is next--I have too much to use anytime soon.

Eggs? I might use one if I bake some cookies from scratch.

jaimem92 replied to larsstarscanary's response:
I've tried to reply a few times to this.. But we'll see..We're planning on going to MN to see my mother in-law.. She is really excited to cook gluten- free for me. She is a huge nutritional freak, so I'm excited tot ry a few new things.

hannahleigh89 responded:
My family gets together the night before with the little ones usually to dye Easter eggs. I missed it last year because I wasn't feeling well, but I'm hoping to make it this year. Then on Sunday, we have a big family get together and the kids hunt eggs. I'll eat a little of this and a little of that, and probably regret it on my way home. I'm planning to keep my Immodium, Gas-X, Bentyl, and pain meds near by.

My mom still makes me an Easter basket every year, and this year I plan to make her one, too. She doesn't know it yet though. The boyfriend is also getting one, but he always does, lol.

arbob5 responded:
Sunrise church service, out for breakfast, then at daughter's for dinner with all of the family. There should be about 22 of us there, give or take I guess.

My younger grandkids will hunt for their eggs (plastic ones) and I always put money in them. They're getting to the age now tho that quarters and dollars are not quite enough. I will probably get each of them a gift card from Toys R Us and then they can get what they want. I spoil them...can you tell?

But we will have ham and all the trimmings, plus lasagna and other Italian goodies. My husband is Italian so we always do include Italian food at all holiday meals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 27 and I've been suffering for 4 years. No one can tell me exactly what is wrong with me. They suspect Crohns but it is not conclusive. I ...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.