Skip to content
adding Lupron to the list
JavaMamma27 posted:
Trying to figure out why I am having these SEVERE flares that are landing my in the hospital every 3 1/2 weeks. Saw my OB/GYN (that I have been seeing for 9 years) thinking that my menstrul cycle may be behind it. (I no longer have a period since I had only my uterus removed 3 1/2 years ago) She is going to start me on Lupron to shut down my hormone cycle and see if we stop the flares. She also thinks that there is endometriosis on/in previous surgical sites that is aggravating the pain. During her exam she noted inflamed tissues in my lower right quadrant. We also agreed that if I need to go to the hospital again I will go to the one where she is on staff so she can follow the flare.

So, the theory is that my stupid female hormones are pissing off the Crohn's. : )

Should take 4-6 weeks before I get the shots going and see any results. Cross your fingers!

Stephanie

hannahleigh89 responded:
Will the shots throw you into early menopause?

JavaMamma27 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
yup. That is the goal. We are going to try a "false menopause" before we make the decision to finish my histerectomy. If the Lupron works, we know that my hormones and endometriosis are the underlaying cause of the severe flares, and we can look at removing my overies when we clean out the endo. If the lupron does not work, we have not done an unnecessary surgery.

hannahleigh89 replied to JavaMamma27's response:
It makes a lot of sense. I just hope menopause doesn't make you more miserable than you already are. At least it isn't painful.

JavaMamma27 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
and menopause won't land me in the hospital! I am miserable on the prednisone. Random sweats, hot flashes, lethargic. I have decided that I have to pick the lesser of the 2 evils here.

mattdamonishot responded:
Wow!!i did Lupron to do IVF for my 3 kids. Funny how it can be used for other thigns too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Cheli but my granddaughter, Mag's, calls me Jeaneau. I was born and raised in New Orleans but now live in the Chattanooga, Tn. area...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.