Skip to content
Appeals Court Overturns Ban on Federal Funding for Stem Cell Research
miserable_sob posted:
I hope this http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/29/appeals-court-overturns-ban-federal-funding-stem-cell-research/
speeds up medical research now. Of course I'm hoping too that it makes Colitis along with amputated colons a thing of the past asap.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

miserable_sob responded:
If anybody wants to start crying about using embryo's and the whole 9 yards about this, my feelings are boo hoo. You can have what's left of my colon.

hannahleigh89 responded:
I'm fine with stem cell research, but your presentation is lousy. Why was it necessary to be so abrasive? Nobody had even said anything about it yet.

There are so many more important things they need to be using stem cell research for than growing you a new colon.

miserable_sob replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Oh you're correct Hannah.......I don't matter. I'm nothing, just one more head injury case brushed aside who doesn't matter, no deposit, no return. Ooh let's just care more about some babies who never lived and let the rest of us suffer with thoughts of suicide.

hannahleigh89 replied to miserable_sob's response:
Lol, that is not what I meant at all! I'm all for using the fetuses that would never be born in the first place to better the lives of people who are currently living. I just think that research should be focusing on more pressing issues. You won't die without your colon; there are many people (including children) who are dying needlessly of illnesses that stem cell research could treat.

I don't think that you're insignificant at all, or that your problems are less important than mine. That is absolutely not what I meant. Sorry it came across that way. I just meant that there are bigger problems, and you can live without your colon, even if your quality of life isn't all that great right now.

arbob5 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Hannah, amen! Great post. I decided not to respond to some problems, because misinterpretation happens quite frequently. But I do agree that stem cell research is so important for those who have life threatening illnesses. Lets face it...we would all like SCR to include our problems, but we can live with what we've got, and so many others are not that fortunate. Bless you, Hannah. You are so special

miserable_sob replied to arbob5's response:
Sure Arbob. Unfortunately my first suicide attempt failed me. Hopefully I'll get lucky the 2nd time. Either way, I'd rather be dead than deal with clueless people such as you and Hannah.

jiggsup replied to hannahleigh89's response:
I am sorry you think our colons aren't able to kill us ask a few
people who are dieing from cancer. we will just lay back and
die so you can be happy

Magsjeanea replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Hannah is correct. As is it stands right now, we are not going to die with the disease we have now, she did not mention the people who contract cancer,(whole different ballgame).

Miserable SOB will be miserable for ever until he gets a new colon or God takes him to heaven. Hannah was just saying that Miserable will not die cause he had a colectomy. Why he is always getting ticked off because he thinks that we don't care for him. (I keep saying 'him' cause he wrote in a posting that he was a male) Arbob was one person that was being so compassionate to him and it still didn't matter.

Stem cells should be used for people who are in life ending situations. Like children with Leukemia or MD or any type of cancer.

Apparently we are not supposed to give our own opinions unless we will make everyone happy.....no chance....someone will always think we are being mean for having an opposite opinion.

I am so sorry that Miserable is miserable and got handed a double blow by having a brain injury but please don't take it out on us because we are happy with just being alive

Take good care all,
Love Goes There,

miserable_sob replied to Magsjeanea's response:
I'm sorry about my outburst here. When you're depressed as I am though, it doesn't take much to flick the switch. I don't know what to do anymore. Anything that I get excited about such as this winds up turning into more defeat.

hannahleigh89 replied to jiggsup's response:
I think that you may need to read what I wrote again.

"You won't die without your colon." I, in no way, said that colon cancer will not kill you.

miserable_sob replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Hannah an amputee won't die without his or her amputated body part too. Don't you believe they want that part back badly and are miserable without it, regardless of life or death? In fact a good friend of mine is living the rest of her life in a wheelchair. Do you really think I want to see her live that life too?

hannahleigh89 replied to miserable_sob's response:
I think that maybe I should just stop posting responses to you. Everything I say is taken out of context.

I hope you find happiness. Good luck.

arbob5 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Again, my dear little Hannah, Amen. Now you know exactly how I feel and have felt recently with having everything I say being misinterpreted. We just can't seem to win this at all, so we best just leave it alone. Sad thing is we do have things to share, but I guess to some that doesn't matter.

With everything you have been through, and the way you were so very willing to share it with us, good and bad, I will say again, God Bless You. You are special and I consider you one of the best! Hugs.

arbob5 replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Thank you Magsjean. We all try our best to help each other, and we do well with some, and not so good with others. So be it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed 5 years ago with crohn's Disease and MCTD (Mixed Connnected Tissue Disease) when I was 21. Basically I am arthritic in my tissue a...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.