Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saw GI today....
mindyj1971 posted:
Hello all! I'm having such a rough night tonight:( Saw my GI today and he just really does not know what to do with me. He called my surgeon while I was there and wants to refer me back to him to check on this abscess/fistula thing I have going on. To me....being referred back to the surgeon is never a good sign. But all of the treatments for fistulas and abscesses (as far as medicine goes) have never worked for me, so I at least respect that my GI doesn't want to take the same route.

I've been crying all night...just can't snap out of it. My GI did agree that the prednisone taper is at least partly to blame for the extreme fatigue...he had me go for blood work to check a few other things. My life is passing me by at an amazing speed and there isn't a thing I can do about it:( I sleep all the time and when I am awake I am grouchy and irritable. I miss my kids and they are craving attention that I can't give them right now. I am an emotional mess. Finances are driving us into the ground....so many medical bills....we are drowning in them. I'm just feeling so defeated and don't know what to do about it. I will be calling my surgeon in the morning...he said he would get me in this week, so hopefully he will find something during his exam. So emotionally spent right now. And tonight when I try to lay down my stoma is burning sooo bad from the contents spewing from it....it hurts soooo bad. It's like someone is pouring acid directly on my skin. I'm just a wreck, but as always...I feel a little better when I can tell you all about it. My hubby worries so much about me already....try to keep these emotional breakdowns to myself. Thanks for listening....I know I will feel better after I get some sleep tonight....I am just physically and emotionally drained right now.

Love you all
Mindy

Magsjeanea responded:
Mindy, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I know you have gone through alot, I have been reading your story since September.You are probably tired of hearing people telling you to keep a stiff upper lip when you feel like a clump.

Just try to keep holding on and I am just praying that your pain comes to an end. I just wish I could give you a hug to comfort you. You are still there for your children and from what I have read you are still teaching them to be sweet babies (you told us of the note your child wrote).

I hope that your doctors can give you fast relief. Wishing comfort for you, Jeaneau
Love Goes There, Jeaneau

mattdamonishot replied to Magsjeanea's response:
I am so sorry mindy. You just can;t seem to catch a break. I pray that you find some relief soon.

jodi2125 responded:
aww Mindy, Im so sorry. I really have no words of encouragement, Im jsut so damn sad and angry for you. You deserve to feel better. Even though you dont see it, you are being a great role model for your kids. You are teaching them to be kind, compassionate and to never give up. Ijust wanted to give you some support and I will continue to pray for you.
xoxoxo
jodi

mindyj1971 replied to jodi2125's response:
I just love each and every one of you! You always make me feel like everything is gonna be ok:)

I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow (Friday) at 1:45...hope that he finds out something for me. I will let you all know what I find out.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!
Love to all!
Mindy

hannahleigh89 replied to mindyj1971's response:
I've been thinking about you, Mindy. Each and every day. I just don't really know what to say.

I want you to know that you can get through this, but you already know that. You're a strong woman and a great mother, and your children will understand. They may not right now, but I know you're teaching them the wisdom and the love that they need to understand when they get a little older.

I just wish you'd catch a break, love. You certainly deserve it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there. It feels like I've been dealing with intestinal issues my whole life. I was first diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 17; I'...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.