Skip to content
REMISSION!!!!!!!
mindyj1971 posted:
My surgeon called me today and officially told me that the radiologist report said "NO EVIDENCE OF ACTIVE CROHN'S DISEASE AT THIS TIME"!!!!! Woo Hoo!

I've already called Social Security about returning to work for 10-15 hours per week. I know that I have to take it slow......but I am sooooo excited to be getting back to a somewhat "normal" life:)

I've spoken with the office where I worked for 12 years before my diagnosis and they are ready to have me back for whatever time they can get me! I believe my first official day back will be June 1. They have let me come in and volunteer on days when I have felt well enough to do it. I will need some retraining (I'm a Medical Assistant) and things change so frequently in the medical field. I am so ready to get out of this freaking house!

Hope you are all having a good day:)
HUGS!
Mindy

mattdamonishot responded:
OMG Mindy that is sooooo awesome!!!!!I am so glad thigns are turnign around for you and Hannah!!!!!I hope Stephanie gets the same good luck as you guys!!!!have fun goign back to work!!!!!

arbob5 responded:
Let's party!!!! If only we all could get together and celebrate!!!

Such good news for you, Mindy. Just don't over do it. That's a no no and something we're all guilty of when we start to feel better. I think going back to work is just what you need. I am so happy for you.

Lots of hugs!!!!!

Magsjeanea responded:
Everyone's prayers for you have been answered! That is the most fantastic news I have heard in a very long time. Don't over do it, take it easy and enjoy your new found remission. I am so happy for you and your family.
Take good care,
Love Goes There, Jeaneau

jodi2125 replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Congrats mindy. I am SO happyfor you. you really deserve this. I have happy tears for you...
jodi

OyWithThePoodlesAlready responded:
YAY! Congrats!
thank you for sharing your journey, you give everyone hope - if you can get through everything you've been through and find remission nothing is impossible

hannahleigh89 responded:
Oh honey I'm so happy for you. You've had such a struggle. Glad to hear the good news.

Now lets just work on keeping you healthy, lol.

hannahleigh89 responded:
Also, out of curiosity, what meds are you using now? And is your diet more normal? I know for a while, you were having trouble with just about everything.

mindyj1971 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
I am taking Pentasa 500 mg 2 capsules 2 times a day and am still trying to get off of the Prednisone. I'm down to 10 mg on that. My GI doc may want to start me on a biologic for prevention, but I don't see him until the end of July.

Food is still quite the issue for me. I still drink mostly BOOST....if I do eat, I have to take Phenergan with it:( There are only a handful of foods that don't make me nauseous....but it is a start;)

How are you doing?
Mindy

hannahleigh89 replied to mindyj1971's response:
It's hard for me to believe that you're in remission if you're having so many symptoms.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have had Crohn's since age 17 and since I am now 58 that's a long time. When I was first diagnoised there were no medications so when things g...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.