Skip to content
Newly diagnosed with Chrons
carolhew posted:
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carol and I am in my mid forties. I was told yesterday, post colonoscopy, that I have Chron's. I have a long history of IBS. The symptoms are so similar that I just thought my IBS had been acting up. What led to the colonoscopy was new abdominal pain where my gallbladder use to be. (I have a history of Pancreatic cancer in my family). PC sent me for a CT scan which showed thickening of the terminal ileum and sacroiliitis. PC sent me to the GI, who I have been seeing for the last 5 yrs for the IBS. I am so glad I listened to my body.

I have been lurking around this site for over a week now and have found the info and support from the discussions very helpful. I realize my disease is mild form of Chron's.

I am having blood drawn tomorrow for the IBD serology 7 and will not see the GI for at least a week. I am anxious to find out the treatment plan.

Magsjeanea responded:
Welcome to our community, Carol. You will find a lot of people with such different experiences. I have Crohn's that is now in remission. Don't be afraid to ask any question you need answered. We will do our best to tell you of our history and try to help you with your newly found disease. If you click on our names you can read our stories. Hope you are not in too much pain.
Take good care,
Love Goes There, Jeaneau

carolhew replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Thank you so much for the welcome! I have a feeling I will be relying on this community quite a bit. My pain is moderate, like I said I believe my Crohn's is very mild especially compared to some of the stories I have read.
Thank you again,
Carol

mindyj1971 responded:
Welcome to our group, Carol! So glad that you are here:) This was the first place I came when I was diagnosed in 2008. These guys have held my hand every step of the way:) And it's been a looooonnnnngggggg way! Hope that your GI comes up with a treatment plan that works quickly for you.

Unfortunately, it has taken me 2 1/2 years and 5 surgeries to get into remission...but I made it. I have a permanent ileostomy now, but I get to return to work next week and I just know that I would not be in remission if I didn't have this ileostomy:) I finally have my life back!

Looking forward to getting to know you....enjoy your holiday weekend. Hope that you are feeling well enough to get out and enjoy some summer weather:)

HUGS
Mindy

carolhew replied to mindyj1971's response:
Thank you!

Congratulations on remission and being able to return to work!
I am excited for you!

I have an appointment with the GI on the 8th and will know more by then, the waiting is stressful!

Have a great weekend!
Carol

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Meg, and I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in July 2007, two weeks before my wedding day. My husband is a pastor, and we are currentl...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.