Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
when to go to er
jordanmom06 posted:
I have been told i have colitis....i've been on one antibotic for about 4 or 5 days and the other 2.(got them at different times). i'm in a lot of pain in the middle of the rib cage and i my back feels like it's burning cause it hurts so bad. my question is, when do i go to the er?

arbob5 responded:
If the pain is so severe, I would say it's time to go to the ER. What are you on the antibiotics for? They can worsen colitis symptoms so I'm wondering why you're taking them.

Look forward to hearing from you. Again tho, if you're in unbearable pain, get to the ER asap.

jordanmom06 replied to arbob5's response:
i'm actually taking them for the colitis...that's what they gave me for.

miserable_sob replied to jordanmom06's response:
If you can still post a message here, I'd say you're much better off talking to your doctor about this ASAP. I took a lot of trips to the hospital when I had Colitis. None of them were to the ER though. It was never an illness that they could get under control with a quick trip to the ER.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm in my early-mid 30s & just got a firm dx of Crohn's this year (April 2010) but have been feeling ill since the end of college. I use t...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.