Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
flare ups
funcrusher posted:
was wondering how often flare ups occur for people with crohn's or ulcerative colitis ?

Magsjeanea responded:
Hi and welcome to our community! The problem with Crohn's and Colitis is that you can never predict when a person is going to have a flare up. Some people go into flare when they eat a specific food, some don't have to do anything. Crohn's and UC rears it's ugly head when ever it darn well pleases. Hope you find the answers you are seeking. Take good care,
Love Goes There, Jeaneau

arbob5 responded:
There does seem to be some proof that flares are quite common in the Spring and Fall, due to change in the weather. I did find when my UC was quite active, that it was much worse in the Spring. So, that thinking could be correct. But it really depends a lot on the individual, how advanced the Crohns and/or UC is, diet, etc. etc. etc...so many variables, and everyone is different.

jaimem92 replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Mags is right, everyone is very different when it comes to Crohns and UC. I get a flare up probably every 6 mo or so. But they are nothing like they used to be before I got on Remicade.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am in my early 30's, and I was diagnosed with moderate-severe Crohn's disease and non-celiac gluten intolerance on 11/24/10 after 20 years o...More

Helpful Tips

Assistance for Medical Expenses
Many with a diagnosis of Crohn's or Colitis are unable to work or enjoy many social or physical activities. The burden of paying medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 28 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.