Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What med helps with urgency??????
mattdamonishot posted:
I am doing okay now but still havign frequent bowel accidents. That is so emotionally draining for me. I HATE Depends and am so sick of wearign them. DO the Canasa suppositories help with the urgency?? I have virtually NO time before I have to go to the bathroom and then its coming!!!It has happened at work several tiems and is sooooo embarrassing!!!!!

HELP!!!

sheba_q responded:
Are your bowel movements liquidy a lot of the time? Questran helps to make them more solid, which in turn helps somewhat.

Have you looked at what you're eating to try to figure out some trigger foods that are causing this to happen? I've had UC for over 18 years now and still have issues with sugary foods (it doesn't help that I have a sweet tooth...). Most everything else that causes my colitis to act up I've either cut back or totally cut out of my diet.

hannahleigh89 responded:
You might also try the Metamucil fiber wafers. I use the cinnamon ones. They aren't great, but they do help absorb some of the liquid to make bowel movements less frequent.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 27 and I've been suffering for 4 years. No one can tell me exactly what is wrong with me. They suspect Crohns but it is not conclusive. I ...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.