Skip to content
B12 inj
kaj2313 posted:
Does anyone have problems with B12 injs? I have been on it 2 months 1inj a month. But I am having dirrhea for 3-4 after and then constipation. Wondering if it could be the inj. Or if I have to figure something else. My GI seems to think it shouldn't be a problem, but I do.

Thanks

hannahleigh89 responded:
I do them twice a month. They don't seem to make my bowel habits change though.

kaj2313 replied to hannahleigh89's response:
Thanks Hannah,
That's kind of what I was worried about. Guess back for MRI and see what's going on. They are thinking, scare tissue is closing again.....had it streched about month and 1/2 ago. Was just really hoping it was the B12.

Julie

OyWithThePoodlesAlready replied to kaj2313's response:
I was taking a ton of all the bs last spring when I was exhausted and it gave me really bad diarrhea - I think there was one day I went 12 times before I quit drinking juice at 2pm so I could drive home - which is esp odd since usually if I don't take magnesium I won't go for a week or more. I'm pretty certain it was the bs but not the b12 bc once I stopped with the pills and switched to b12 only I didn't have a problem.

I have no idea how this corresponds to shots, just thought I'd let you know
~Ali

kaj2313 replied to OyWithThePoodlesAlready's response:
Thanks, never hurts to get all points of views. Going to the GI with more questions always seems to help me.

Julie

Jayl955 replied to kaj2313's response:
How did the streatching go? I may be in a similar situation due do a previeous ressection that left me with a partial obstruction. It nvr was a problem til recently when i ended up in the hosp with a food obstruction. Im wondering is how did the md perform it and how lkong is the recovery time. I see the md in a few weeks to hear what he has to say unless he cancels it.

kaj2313 replied to Jayl955's response:
I would do it again...it was a colonoscopy with a ballon on the end that they put where scar tissue was closing. Then blew it up, as far as the tissue would allow. So I prepped like a regular colonoscopy, and was back to work next day. It work for a while, but they think it maybe closing up. I go for MRI next week. But I would do it again if it meant not getting cut up! I would just like to keep as much of my intestines as I can for as long as I can.

Jayl955 replied to kaj2313's response:
Thats not a bad proceedure at all. Thanks for the info. Its always good to keep as much as yourself together as much as possible. After all you had your gi tract all your life and surgery is always risky. Good luck to you.

oldermomma replied to kaj2313's response:
I'm new to this community but am glad I found it. I have had surgery two times (10 yrs between) from scar tissue nearly blocking completely. I've never heard of streaching but will
ask my Dr. about it at my soon to have colonoscopy.

Thanks for the info and I plan to check out this community often.

kaj2313 replied to oldermomma's response:
Not that it matters but for your Drs. info. I go to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. I had never heard of this either. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first back surgery in April 1986. It kept me from becoming paralyzed but didn't reduce my pain. In 1989 I finally accepted my disability ...More

Helpful Tips

Crohn's Cure - Fecal Transplants Saved My Life!!!
I was very ill with Crohn's for years and finally tried Sky Curtis's protocol for doing fecal transplants at home. After years of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.