Skip to content
UPDATE on my hospital stay
crohn_girl posted:
I am in the hospital right now I am woozy and doped up on pain killers lol. But, I had surgery and opted to get a permanent ileostomy bag by choice put in this afternoon. I had emergency surgery due to bleeding ulcers and a large abscess in my stomach. I also got a drain put in my belly and an NG tube to drain the crap outta my gut. I also got a feeding tube in my belly since I can't eat for at least a few weeks. I do have a chest port and fluids are going in it, antibiotics, and morphine. Please pray for me and hope I have a speedy recovery. ~Hannah

crohn_girl responded:
And I lost 15 pounds in just a month

Miserable_SOB responded:
I kind of know what you're going through since I lived with a temporary illeostomy for 3 months. I wasn't expecting this to happen in your case though. Did they discuss any other alternatives with you?

crohn_girl replied to Miserable_SOB's response:
I wanted the bag been flaring for awhile now and wanted some relief. They recommended a temp bag but I wanted perm. They removed my colon since I had tons of ulcers, bad inflammation, and my whole colon is diseased basically. I have crohns in the ileum (which was removed) and was in the colon that was removed.

Miserable_SOB replied to crohn_girl's response:
You'll probably be happier with the bag as long as you're not self conscious about its physical appearance. A friend of mine is happier living with hers now than her J-Pouch. I pray you'll be happy with it.

mindyj1971 responded:
Hope you are recovering quickly:) I had a permanent ileostomy done in December 2010. It was the best thing I have ever done in regards to my Crohns. It has given me my life back. I was wasting away in bed before I had the surgery. I had tried surgery before...just kept having resections, but each time the disease came back within weeks. It was very frustrating. I am now finally in remission and back to work part-time. I have a life again:)

Good luck to you....
xoxoxoxo Mindy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 39 yrs old, was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2000, but suffered through " I don't know what it is, or it's just stress&q...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.