UPDATE on my hospital stay
crohn_girl posted:
I am in the hospital right now I am woozy and doped up on pain killers lol. But, I had surgery and opted to get a permanent ileostomy bag by choice put in this afternoon. I had emergency surgery due to bleeding ulcers and a large abscess in my stomach. I also got a drain put in my belly and an NG tube to drain the crap outta my gut. I also got a feeding tube in my belly since I can't eat for at least a few weeks. I do have a chest port and fluids are going in it, antibiotics, and morphine. Please pray for me and hope I have a speedy recovery. ~Hannah

crohn_girl responded:
And I lost 15 pounds in just a month

Miserable_SOB responded:
I kind of know what you're going through since I lived with a temporary illeostomy for 3 months. I wasn't expecting this to happen in your case though. Did they discuss any other alternatives with you?

crohn_girl replied to Miserable_SOB's response:
I wanted the bag been flaring for awhile now and wanted some relief. They recommended a temp bag but I wanted perm. They removed my colon since I had tons of ulcers, bad inflammation, and my whole colon is diseased basically. I have crohns in the ileum (which was removed) and was in the colon that was removed.

Miserable_SOB replied to crohn_girl's response:
You'll probably be happier with the bag as long as you're not self conscious about its physical appearance. A friend of mine is happier living with hers now than her J-Pouch. I pray you'll be happy with it.

mindyj1971 responded:
Hope you are recovering quickly:) I had a permanent ileostomy done in December 2010. It was the best thing I have ever done in regards to my Crohns. It has given me my life back. I was wasting away in bed before I had the surgery. I had tried surgery before...just kept having resections, but each time the disease came back within weeks. It was very frustrating. I am now finally in remission and back to work part-time. I have a life again:)

Good luck to you....
xoxoxoxo Mindy