Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I guess it's C Diff again
jaimem92 posted:
Well all this yuckiness I've been feeling is actually C Diff. I went to my GI today and my stool sample finally was read and sure enough it was positive for C diff. So that definitely gives me justification for feeling so bad. Hopefully work is easy the next few days so I can take it easy.

HannahLeigh89 responded:
Keep in mind how contagious it is, and that alcohol based hand sanitizers are not effective at protecting against the spread of C diff. If you've got kiddos at home, make sure they wash their hands good after using the potty. Bleach'll kill it if you're worried about spreading it.

HannahLeigh89 responded:
And also: Feel better. Pushed submit before I was ready, lol.

jaimem92 replied to HannahLeigh89's response:
Thanks for the reminder Bad part is I've been at work this entire time, in a hospital.. lol. Not the best place to be with an active C Diff infection. Oh well, I'm usually pretty careful about washing my hands anyway. I found out the bleach trick last time I had C Diff in Feb so I have these great bleach wipes. And thanks for the well wishes

mike_n_robin responded:
C-Dif is no fun.. i dealt with iot for 4 months this past spring and summer.... and i tell ya the hospital i was in was not the best for it. as far as i am conserned.. all they did was put me in a room all alone and told me i was contagise.. it took the web and my family to learn about it.. no one there wanted to tell me anything bout it.. but good luck and hope u get better soon

jaimem92 replied to mike_n_robin's response:
Well, I'm still alive amazingly. I do have to say, that I don't think I've ever been this sick in my life. I've been off work since Thursday morning and have been in bed since. I tried to get up for awhile today and do some housework but ended up overdoing it and throwing up for awhile. Not fun. I feel so weak and wish food sounded good. I force myself to eat at least a little bit and have been drinking some gatorade. But man, it is hard. I'm pretty much just really frustrated right now. Sick of being sick. (Aren't we all?) I'm not in a hospital and am just at home, but have already been into the ER for fluids once. I'm still having diarrhea even though I've been on Flagyl for almost a week now.

LunaNatasha replied to jaimem92's response:
Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time....sometimes it does seem amazing that we are alive after going through stuff like this. Praying for your recovery!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there. It feels like I've been dealing with intestinal issues my whole life. I was first diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis when I was 17; I'...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.