Skip to content
Inflammation
keltickate posted:
Hello, I'm a newbie to the community. I was diagnosed with Crohns several years ago, but with Pentasa have had no symptoms. Now there is an inflammation in the terminal ileum that manifests itself with sporadic minor pain. The dose pak of prednisone did not change anything. Has anyone had this type of inflammation, and what was succesfull in treating it. Although I have a GI, he hasn't been available for weeks, and his PA isn't available much either, so I need to advocate for myself when I finally do get to see someone.

Thank you
Kate

LunaNatasha responded:
Hey Kate,

I did have that problem, and unfortunately, I was allergic to everything they gave me, including Pentasa....so I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't have an answer yet for myself after 11 months. Just remember to advocate for yourself and don't let the doctor or anyone else push you around. Let them know how you feel and I wish you the best.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 39 yrs old, was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2000, but suffered through " I don't know what it is, or it's just stress&q...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.