Skip to content
new treatment today!
LunaNatasha posted:
Today I start Remicade...I am nervous and excited. I'm nervous because I have no family in the area and nobody to take care of me should I feel worse. Excited because I'm hoping that this will be the thing that finally puts me into remission for the first time. Having IBD is lonely enough without anyone to be a support system around me that is physically there, so I'm going to be optimistic about this and be positive that soon I will feel like my old self again and will be out doing the things I love and making new friends. Wish me luck! It can't get any worse, right?

HannahLeigh89 responded:
As far as Remicade making you feel worse, it may make you feel yucky for a couple of days. Kind of like you have the flu. When I would get my infusions, I would sleep most of the trip home (almost four hours) and then go to bed soon after we got here. I was fatigued the next day, but things were pretty normal after that. Just try to take it easy and give your body time to adjust. It shouldn't be anything that you can't handle though! Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

jaimem92 responded:
I just had my Remicade on Friday.. I'm feeling really great now. Usually I do my treatments on friday and don't schedule anything for saturday either. This time I was out the moment I got my benadryl for my treatment. I slept through the entire treatment, drove to get lunch and then crashed at my sister's house(i live an hour away from my treatment center) for the rest of the day. I slept a good 3 hours. Then after that I was drowsy through the day and by saturday I felt great. My stomach kinda hurt on Saturday, But I had a bad flare up before so I'm not sure if it was fighting a little.. or whatnot.. lol Anyway, hope it went well.

LunaNatasha replied to jaimem92's response:
Everything went well. I can't believe you drive that far for treatment Hannah and jaimem92. Luckily, where I live we have a great health system and I only have to go 10 minutes from my house. So far, I feel okay...I didn't sleep through the treatment, but I've had less energy than normal the past two days. Yesterday I had waves of nausea and today my feet itched like crazy, but other than that, I'm good. How long did it take being on Remicade before you started feeling better?

HannahLeigh89 replied to LunaNatasha's response:
I was on it for three years and it never really made me feel better. I think it was a combination of problems preventing it from working though. Generally, I believe you're supposed to feel better within three months. Have you done a loading dose or are you just going into the six to eight week treatment cycle?

LunaNatasha replied to HannahLeigh89's response:
I'm doing the loading dose thing...i had my first on Monday, then my next is two weeks from that, followed by one 4 weeks from that. Then, I'm on the eight week cycle. I really hope it works because I'm allergic to all other drugs for IBD except for Biologics (so far).

jaimem92 replied to LunaNatasha's response:
I did the loading dose too.. It took me a few months to feel completely better.. I've been on it around 3 years now. I'm starting to feel crummy all the time again, so they're doing a titer(check how much remicade is in my blood halfway through my treatment time) so 4 weeks after my treatment they'll check it and see if I need a higher dose or if I need it more often.

Gator_bait replied to jaimem92's response:
If you have trouble with Remecade, ask your doctor about Humira. Its been much better for me.

LunaNatasha replied to Gator_bait's response:
For some reason, I can't take Humira...this was the option I had. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and was diagnosed with Crohn's in April of 2007. I've always have had digestive problems. When I was younger it was more of a con...More

Helpful Tips

Prednisone short term versus long term use!
Predinisone can be a very helpful anti-inflammatory drug when used over the shortest term use that is effective. Predisone and other ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.