Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
eye inflammation
akb222 posted:
I was diagnosed with orbital inflammatory disease 5 years ago, it was treated with steroids. I was told it is linked to my Crohn's disease. Unfortunately it is back. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do for it. I have been taking a natural approach to my disease and it has been staying under control for about a year. The thought of taking steroids again scares me. They made me very sick!

kaj2313 responded:
I was given steroid eye drops that worked very well. Only need them a couple times a year. I use a natural wetting eye drop the rest of the time. Seems to help.

Good luck

jaimem92 replied to kaj2313's response:
I get inflamed eyes too. I was having a flare up during my last eye dr check and he said there was cloudiness in my cornea too, caused from inflammation, but he thought it would calm down without eye drops, just have to wait until my flare up stopped.

akb222 replied to jaimem92's response:
Last time the MRI showed the muscle behind my eye looking like a baseball sized tumor. I took heavy doses of steroids for a couple of months and used the steroid drops. I go to the Dr tomorrow, we'll see what he says. Thank you for your responses. Its nice to not feel alone.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and I have been diagnosed with Crohn's since I was 26. I had my first child when I was 25 and after I had him I started having s...More

Helpful Tips

Pamper your Bum... As often as Possible
Most of you have heard this, but for you Newbies.. Trust me on this tip. Pamper your Bum, to keep your bum from getting raw and sore use ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.