Skip to content
11 Year Old Son with UC
beckyatmoms posted:
My son was diagnosed with UC when he was 10. Last month we spent a week at Johns Hopkins because he had his first flare which resulted in an over 20lb weigh loss, dehydration, etc. During our stay there they added Remicade along with his Lialda (which he has been on since his diagnosis). The Remicade worked wonders. By the next day he was eating again and starting to feel like himself. Today he is going for his 3rd infusion.

I am terrified of this medication. It seems to have soooo many possible serious side effects. Now he has a rash across his chest and under his arms.

If anyone on here takes or has taken Remicade, could you tell me what kind of side effects you have experienced?

sutodonna responded:
Hello, I am so sorry about your sons problems. I have had real bad experiences with Colitis, and kale saved me. Please check into this, and if you have any questions please contact me at donnachupurdia@yahoo.com . Kale is considered a super food, and can be found at almost any grocery store. It has no side affects, and is worth the try. It actually saved my sanity, and my life. I eat it everyday, and when I don't, my Colitis is back, and real bad.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello My name is Kristin Im 36 yrs old with 3 beautiful sons and was dignosed with Crohns Disease at 23 but suffered most all my life not knowing ...More

Helpful Tips

Joint Pain
For those posting with arthritic problems and joint discomfort, I have lymes disease and fibromyalgia. Like everyone else, I'm hopeful for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.